Tuesday 12 September 2023

Grati-Tuesday 12th Sept. 2023

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Time for this weeks lovely edition of the Grati Blog. 

As always, filled with great sentiment and loads of love!!

Grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude!

... 

G'day Emily G,

I just wanted to say a big thank you for the quilt you made me. I absolutely love it!   

I have been super busy on work trips overseas this year and am preparing to move house and change careers, living and working in QLD with my partner next year.

Keep up the quilt making... you clearly have a natural talent and it is always lovely to receive such personalised gifts. It means a lot to me and I thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

Best wishes to you!

Kind regards,


... 

Dear Jan-Maree,

On behalf of the Ship's Company of HMAS Brisbane, I extend my sincere thanks to you and your volunteers for your generous gift of Laundry Bags for our upcoming deployment.

As Brisbane prepares to deploy in the coming weeks, I'm sure these Laundry Bags will be a welcome reminder of home, and of the support we receive from our friends and family while away.

The work that Aussie Hero Quilts has done over the last eleven years, and the continued support you and your volunteers provide to our ADF, is greatly valued and appreciated - thank you.

Kind regards,

... 

We sent laundry bags to our Aussie contingent in PNG. 

This photo was taken at Owers Corner, on the Kokoda Trail.


... 

Hi Pennie T,

I can't tell you how much I love the Dhobie Bag and how well you did in making it! I loved reading your letter and I feel very blessed to have received it.

I think The Mandalorian and Star Wars has definitely increased in popularity, I loved the series almost as much as the movies. I still remember watching the Star Wars movies with my dad at home on the couch over and over and over again because we loved it so much- very fond memories. My stepmum LOVES Grogu and also has a plush toy- without the red dirt HAHA. She always says how cute he is also- the definition of cute is 'ugly but adorable', is it not?

The Dhobie bag is perfectly green and amazing, more than I expected and it will be used around the clock on my next deployment (In a month and a half).  We arrived back alongside last week and I was finally blessed with your parcel on my desk today!

A bit about me- I love the Navy and count myself very lucky to have been able to make the lifelong friends that I have and to experience all that the Navy has to offer.

Thank you again for the amazing Dhobie bag and letter, I hope this finds you well.

Kindest Regards,

... 

Dear Joy H and Jan-Maree,

 

Today I was presented with the most amazing quilt I’ve ever seen!

 

Not only was it artistically magnificent but it captured aspects of my life and can now serve as a permanent and visible reminder of my time in the Taskforce (unlike the certificates you often receive which often end up lost in a drawer).

 

Before today I had been totally unaware of the superb creative work that Aussie Hero Quilts do and I hope that my donation helps.

 

Thanks again for the hard work, talent, and creativity that went into this incredible creation.

 

Kind regards,

... 

Hi Jan Maree,

Thank you for your letter received with my quilt, I very much appreciated the background on who made my quilt and Aussie Hero Quilts, please accept my apologies for the delay in emailing my thanks, my wife and I have been travelling and returned home yesterday. 

While travelling, we happened to see an episode of Better Homes and Gardens that featured yourself and Aussie Hero Quilts, a coincidence maybe but we like to think not, it was lovely to see you and the ladies and hear about Aussie Hero Quilts, it certainly made our day.

Thank you Jan Maree for starting up Aussie Hero Quilts and your continued efforts to provide for returned and serving men and women, it is truly a noble effort and one that brings joy to the people receiving a quilt or laundry bag.

Once again, thank you, the quilt means a lot to me,

Warm regards,

... 

Hi Bobbie S,

I would like to say a big Thank You, to yourself, the Mystery BOMers, Alison C, Keryn M and the Team at Aussie Hero Quilts who made my quilt the special item it is. 

To say I was surprised and delighted when I opened the parcel is an understatement and I became quite emotional when I realised what had been personally made for me, I had no idea my sister-in-law had been in contact with Aussie Hero Quilts and arranged my quilt to be made for me.

I very much appreciate the effort yourself, and the team took to make my quilt and cannot express my thanks enough, I have never received an item of such personal value that is a reflection of my 23 years of service in the Royal Australian Navy, your quilt means more to me than the medals I proudly wear on ANZAC Day as it has been made by a wonderful team of self sacrificing people who selflessly provide for others, please know your quilt has pride of place in our home and provides me with a smile and great pleasure every time I look at it.

Thank you Bobbie for the story behind my quilt and your letter, stay safe and enjoy your travels to be with your family,

Warm regards,

... 

Dear Toni F,

 

I have just received my clothing for the upcoming Invictus Games for which we depart early next week, and I was delighted to receive your wonderfully crafted laundry bag.

 

I absolutely love it and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the work you have done and continue to do. The ANZAC theme resonates with me as someone who grew up in New Zealand moved to Australia at 15, and has now served this wonderful nation for 31 years.

 

Much like what you all do with your gifts, I see my involvement as a coach with the Adaptive Sports Program as my way of giving back to an organisation that has provided me wonderful opportunities throughout my career and I have seen many delighted smiles over the past few years when our people receive Aussie Hero Quilts and laundry bags.

 

I was fortunate to be involved in the 2018 games in Sydney but work saw me unable to assist with the Hague as Covid disrupted us all. I am excited to go to Germany next week and help our people be the best version of themselves they can be, and knowing we have wonderful people like you in our corner, always helps.

 

I just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know I got the bag and it will sit receive lots of TLC and be used with pride. Your commitment to sew over 500 of these since 2019 is absolutely amazing and you are a GEM. I will be sure to send some photos once the games are over...

 

Again, thank you for all that you and all the Aussie Hero team do. It truly is appreciated.

 

Warm regards

... 

Afternoon Jan-Maree,

 

Just to let you know I have received my laundry bag upon my return– it was wonderfully constructed and covered everything I had noted in my favourite things (Wendy V did a marvellous job) and I can’t wait to take it away on my next trip overseas next year.

 

Thanks again for everything.

 

Regards

... 

Dear Ruth, 

 

I wanted to say thank you so much for my beautiful laundry bag. I got a quilt when I was deployed in 2014, but decided at that time not to get a laundry bag. So when I was surprised with the one you made for me, it was so lovely as I now have a complete set.

 

Thank you so much for what you do for us – we really appreciate it.

 

Regards,

...  

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ


No comments:

Post a Comment