Tuesday 6 June 2023

Grati-Tuesday 6th June 2023

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!


Wow, winter already. It will be Christmas before we know it!!! 

Hope you enjoy the following letters as much as I did putting them together for you.

Grab a
 cuppa, s
it back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude!
...

Hi Bev L,

Thank you so much for the laundry bag. I absolutely love it. 

It’s both comforting and humbling to know there is so much support and appreciation for what we do. 

A bit about me, I have an adult daughter who lives with her husband, they have a ‘double doodle’ puppy. I think cavoodle-labradoodle mix. She is a lovely thing and full of beans as you’d expect. 

My wife and son live in Queensland. I was up there last weekend for the first time in a few months. Our last port visit was in Hobart. I’ve been there many times and love going back there. Tasmania is truly a beautiful place. 

My wife and I are planning a trip through Europe in the next couple of years.

I am coming towards the end of my posting. It has been an amazing and rewarding time for me and being able to lead so many amazing young people has been the highlight of my 25 years in the Navy. I will enjoy the upcoming deployment and proudly show my laundry bag at every opportunity I can.

Thank you so much.

...

Dear Bridget R, 

Thank you so much for your thoughtful gesture and for the specially-made laundry bag. I am deeply touched by your kind words and grateful for your appreciation of my service to our great country. It warms my heart to know that there are people like you and your family who recognise and honour the sacrifices made by veterans. 

Retiring after 40 years of nursing is a remarkable achievement, and I salute you for your dedication and service to the healthcare profession. It's wonderful that you have found a purpose for your sewing hobby through the Aussie Hero Quilts initiative. Your talent and passion are now being channeled towards creating something meaningful and comforting for others. That's truly inspiring. 

Once again, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for the laundry bag and the warm wishes from your entire family. Your support means a great deal to me, and I'm honoured to have connected with such kind-hearted individuals like yourselves. I wish you and your loved ones all the very best in your future endeavours and may your lives be filled with happiness, health, and fulfilment.


Let me introduce myself. I'm a 21-year-old individual born in western Sydney, Australia. Growing up, I had the company of my siblings: My sister, aged 25, who is currently pursuing a Master's degree in psychology, and my two brothers, aged 19, and aged 24, both serving alongside me in the Australian Army.


Our journey from humble beginnings to where we stand today has shaped us into the individuals we are. I firmly believe that it's not our circumstances that define us, but rather the aspirations we hold for ourselves. I want to offer some advice if anyone is interested: it's absolutely fine if you're uncertain about your future path. Personally, I didn't discover my true passion until I understood my own identity.


Once I understood myself better, I began outlining the necessary steps to take action. Coming from a disadvantaged background to achieving what I have today, I can confidently say that nothing is beyond reach. I've had the opportunity to explore various parts of Australia, including having the opportunity to ski down to the highest restaurant. If there's one thing you take away from this message, it's the importance of reading books. Whether they're self-help guides or business-related literature, they have the power to shape you into a remarkable individual.


Warm regards

...

Good Sue N,

Thank you for the laundry bag that you made for me. I know that you put a lot of work into it and I love it dearly!! It’s amazing and looks deadly! I appreciate it so much and now that I have it I’m going to shove it in my brothers face. ( I just know he’ll be soooooo jealous πŸ˜‚)

You are an amazing mother and nana, from the bottom of my heart, thank you aunty it’s lovely and I will love with all my heart ❤️ 

Kind Regards,
...

Good morning Ruth S,

 

I am the proud and very happy recipient of one of your laundry bags. I have shown everyone and they’re all extremely jealous.

Thank you so much, it is amazing and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing bag made specially for me!

 

Kind regards,

...

Good afternoon Susan P,

 

Thank you for the Laundry bag, it is wonderful. Exactly as bright as I imagined. I love the inclusion of the little pegs on the clothes line reminiscent of the back garden.

 

I grew up on the Sunshine Coast and lived there until I joined the RAN in 2012. My parents still live now, on the river and I visit them a few times a year. I love the Sunshine Coast and look forward to moving back one day with my partner and son.

 

I appreciate the bag and I will cherish it on our upcoming deployment.

 

 

Regards,

...

Good Morning Beverly U,

 

I am writing to thanks you for sending me a beautiful laundry bag. I just received the laundry bag made by you. It looks absolutely beautiful.

I am recruit instructor at the Army indigenous Development Program (AIDP).

I joined the Army in 2019 and was posted in the NT for my first posting. Now I am posted at AIDP.

I greatly appreciate the effort you guys put in supporting the ADF members.

Hope you have a great day.

...

Hi Sheena B,

 

Today I was presented with my Aussie Hero Quilt that you made for me and I cannot thank you enough at how well it has turned out and what it means to me as both a Richmond supporter and a serving member who has done more than 40 years in the Navy. 

 

So, … THANK-YOU very much!

 

When I get home I know I am going to have to “share” the quilt with my 27 year old special needs daughter who loves the Richmond tigers and the footy, and even though it has my name on it, I suspect she will think it’s hers.  We can share as we watch the footy together.  I wanted to thank you straight away.

 

A little bit about me, My Dad who is now elderly and retired in Northern QLD was the vintner at a winery in Sth Aust and my wife and I with our two daughters live on 11 acres. We run a small hobby farm where we breed miniature horses and miniature goats. We also have riding horses. Livestock guardian dogs (Maremma cross Sarplaninac), a couple of house dogs and cats, chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs.  The local wildlife is a copperhead that occasionally ventures around the house in summer and a pair of Cape Baron Geese that fly in once a year.

 

Thanks again,

...
Hello Anne H, 

Hope this email finds you well, I have just arrived at Butterworth a week ago and visited the Chaplin to get laundry bags for the whole section. I really like the style and the boys appreciate their laundry bags too! I'm very excited to do some good training over here and of course to get out and about and immerse myself in the local culture. I will be sure to visit the world heritage area in Georgetown and the curries in Batu Ferringhi! Thank you for the laundry bag. 

All the best 
...
Heather B,
Thank you so much for your lovely quilt. It will be treasured by me and my daughter.  
Very grateful for the kindness and generosity.
Best Wishes
...

Good afternoon Bev U,

 

Thank you very much for the laundry bag, I absolutely love it and the personal touches you have added. Your time, effort & dedication is very much appreciated and has indeed bought a heart-warming smile to my face! I do indeed know about the Aussie Hero Quilts and love the work you all do for us soldiers, airmen & seaman bringing instant morale to all in need so keep up the great work!!!

 

I am currently in my 23rd year of service to the Australian Army and currently posted my 7th unit. I am part of the Army Indigenous Development Program (AIDP) NT.  It’s brings me great job satisfaction giving these young kids the opportunity to pursue a career in Army as well as shaping them into better humans! My background is Infantry & I have served on 4 overseas operations. I have also served on Domestic Operations 5 times. I have also had the opportunity to do 3 international engagements. I joined the Army to serve & see this beautiful country & have been lucky to do just that & see many parts of the world during that time as well, whilst not always under the best circumstances I have made the best of every opportunity that’s for sure & still very much proud to serve.

 

Thank you for telling me a little about yourself and your family. Family is very important to me & why I believe I am here on this earth… I am married to my high school sweetheart & we have been together for 27 years (& counting), married for 22 years & have raised 4 amazing children together and can’t wait to be grandparents one day. Our eldest 2 have left the nest, and both doing well in their own careers whilst the younger 2 are still at home. We post (move) to QLD next year after 18 years on & off in NT so will be good to be closer to the older 2 & exciting to be in a new unit / city.

 

Thanks again Bev, I appreciate you and all that you do and wish yourself and your family all the best! Have a great end to the week & weekend ahead what ever you get up to...

 

Warm regards. 

... 

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ

No comments:

Post a Comment