Tuesday 22 March 2022

Grati Tuesday March 22nd

 Happy Tuesday Friends!


Hope you are having a great week so far! Grab a cuppa and a snack - sit back, relax and enjoy the gratitude letters below. 

....

Some months ago, I had the opportunity to request a quilt be made by Aussie Hero Quilts (and Laundry Bags) for a Vietnam Veteran and long-time friend of ours. This morning my husband and I were thrilled to be with him when he was presented with his quilt by a current serving Defence Member, Padre Frank. What a special and very emotional occasion for us all. Thank you, Frank, for your time and special words this morning. Thank you also to PennieT. who created the amazing quilt.


....


Dear Wendy. B,

I'm currently of Flood Assist 2022 and I received your amazing laundry bag.

Thank you so much for your wonderful delivery. It was an amazing morale boost to all of us here. We all had a blast picking from the many different styles and colours. I got the Harry Potter one.

From all of us thank you dearly.

....


Dear Philomena.H,

I am writing to say thank you very much for the thoughtful gesture of sending me an Aussie Hero Quilt. I was very excited when the parcel finally found me across the country post-Christmas leave. I love it. 

I have spent the last 18 months away from my home and family. Last year I was posted to HMAS ANZAC, where we spent most of the year patrolling waters outside Australia with a lot of the time in Southeast Asia. Covid wasn’t helpful with the WA closure of borders making it more difficult to see family. It is so nice to finally be able to come home. 

I live in beautiful Jervis Bay NSW with my husband and our dog Maximus. I have a daughter that has also joined the Navy and is currently away assisting the communities in Queensland post the flooding disaster. Although retired from the army, my husband still works. 

I sincerely appreciate the workmanship and time that went into making my beautiful quilt. So much so as that now I have hung up my seagoing attire for now, my daughter has happily taken the quilt to sea with her. We both believe it is the best quilt in the navy! 

I have included a photo of our dog Max (which was the inspiration for hound dog) and the quilt which is currently at sea. You should know that what you do makes a big difference in the lives of those at sea by just making their time away that little bit cosier in the not so comfortable environment of a warship. Again, thank you very much for all that you do for our serving personnel. 

Best wishes to you and your family.



....


Dear Jacqui.D,

 

I would like to say the biggest and most heartfelt thank you to you for the wonderful quilt and laundry bag that I was presented with yesterday. 

Wow – I feel so honoured that you have taken so much precious time and energy in creating something so beautiful for me! 

Nikki who put my name forward last year, presented it to me at our Australian Defence Force Support Chaplain’s Course in which she is a visiting lecturer, alongside 8 ADF course Chaplains who were receiving their Laundry bags through Aussie Hero Quilts.

Having completed 20 years full time Navy and 17 as a Naval Reserve undertaking days, this is definitely my most treasured recognition; to have not only been nominated through Nikki, but to then have someone as special as you to make it for me, is truly wonderful.

You certainly have a cross section of Defence members in the family, I can only imagine the conversations that take place over the dinner table!

Once again Jacqui, thank you, thank you, thank you, it will always take pride of place in my home.

 

With warmest wishes.


....


Hello Jan-Maree, Bobbie, Kerri B and Team,


I recently received a most beautiful quilt and would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to have it made and sent to me.

It has pride of place in my new home which I have spent the last 5 years doing an owner builder project.

Your work is truly an inspiration, and I will forever cherish my quilt.


....


I would like to say a huge thank you from all the members posted to HMAS Canberra for the opportunity of having the amazing team of Aussie Hero Quilts supply us with Laundry Bags and quilts. Every time I see a Laundry Bag being carried around the ship to a laundry it puts a smile on my face, and I will treasure mine forever.


....


Well, that's it for another week.  

We look forward to more coming through next week!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment