Wednesday 3 April 2019

Grati-Wednesday 3 April 2019

Another week, another lot of lovely messages from recipients. Enjoy reading.
Good Morning Jenny,

Thank you so very much for my Harry Potter laundry bag :) It looks absolutely amazing and I am so grateful for all the hard work, time and effort that went into the making of it. Even better is my initials – there are some crew onboard who were eyeing it off acquisitively; having my name on it means it will be admired but won’t be mistaken for someone else’s.

My husband deployed overseas last year and received a quilt – on his return, our son would crawl all over it. I sent him a video of the laundry bag and he was very admiring of the colours – he is now 2 ½ years old – so I am sure he will be taking it around everywhere when I get home :) It will certainly brighten up the laundry onboard and at home.

Thank you again for my amazing laundry bag :)

Thanks and Regards,
…..

Thank you very much Jan, I have received the parcel and a little note and it is amazing! Exactly what I wanted, so thank you so much.

Cheers,
…..

Dear Clarissa,

I am truly grateful for your beautifully designed laundry bag. It captures everything I love. Thank you for sharing your family background and fond memories with me.    It’s an absolute delight to hear of family, love, kindness and joy. 

I will be lucky to take home a wealth of knowledge and experience from my deployment.

Take care, look after your beautiful family and keep putting smiles on the faces of others, as you did I. It means a lot. Thank you.
…..

Dear Pennie,

Thank you so much for the fantastic laundry bag – I love it. I have it hanging over the back of my chair in my room to add some much-needed colour.
Best wishes,
…..

Dear Clarissa,

Thanks for the laundry bag, which does stick out in a crowd.
I’m embedded in a US team, so have little contact with the majority of Australians in country, so the bag will be a small treasure.
Thanks again,
…..

Hi Jan-Maree,

I am emailing to let you know that I have received the package. The parcel was great and I certainly put to good use the items within it. The laundry bag is amazing and I really appreciate the effort that you have put into making and sending it over. I will put it to good use for the remainder of our deployment and thank you again for everything you do for deployed personnel. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
…..

Hi Shirley,

I’ve just received the quilt you made me. I love it!! I can’t put into words how happy I am, thank you so much for the effort you put in making it. It brings a huge amount of morale to us when we receive these gifts. This quilt will definitely make my bunk bed stand out from the rest! :)

This is my first deployment to the Middle East. Overall I’m enjoying this new experience. I do miss a few things from back home like family, friends and some of the small things we take for granted (like walking around barefoot and driving my car!)

Again, thank you so much,
God bless you and your family.
…..

Hi Susan,
I love my quilt!! It’s so pretty and exceeded all my expectations and definitely brightened my room.

My mom is very crafty and loves making Teddies and small baby dolls as well; growing up our house was and still is filled with so many teddies big and small of all kinds so it’s a piece of home while I’m this far away from my family.

Thank you so much for including me in your prayers; it’s good to have people thinking of you and hearing kind words like yours when you’re so far away from home and loved ones. I will treasure your quilt forever and all your hard work spent making it
…..
…..

Hi Jan,

I have received my quilt and can honestly say I couldn’t be happier!
The work you do is truly amazing and brings so much joy to everyone over here.

Thank you all very much.
…..

Hi Ashleigh,

Thank you and your mum so much for the fantastic quilt and laundry bag. I am using the laundry bag all the time, and yes, definitely will not lose it LOL. When I showed everyone, they loved the quilt and said the laundry bag was too good to use, but I convinced people it was here to be used not to take home in mint condition LOL.

The weather here is starting to warm up and get dusty, as there are very few trees and no grass, so when it rains it turns to a sticky mud.

Once again, thank you and your mum for your support, you don’t realise how much it is appreciated.
Regards,
…..

Thank you, Sue, for the gifts and the laundry bag. I appreciate the time and care you put into it.
I will be sure to use it from here on.
Thanks again.
…..

Sue,
Thank you for the laundry bag. It looks too good to use, you did an awesome job.
I ordered a few for my mates over here. They don't know I did that and when they open it up and see their initials on the bag their confused look is priceless. Can't wait until they all have them and I let the cat out of the bag.
Keep up the AWESOME work, we all value what you do for us and a big thankyou from me.
…..

Reading the Recipient's letters and feeling their joy and delight is very rewarding.  
Thank you to all the generous contributors who
sew for our deployed Aussie Heroes.

Until next time,

Sandy 

1 comment: