Wednesday 29 February 2012

Another supporter!

I spent some time last Friday emailing and calling companies that sell Aussie tea towels to see if anyone was interested in donating a few for Aussie Heroes.  I emailed two companies, no reply from one and the second said they didn't have any tea towels they could donate at that time but offered me a good deal if I wanted to buy some.  We don't have funds to buy things like that but I appreciated the offer.  Times are hard.  You can't expect everyone to be able to donate.  I phoned the third company to get an email address and ended up talking to the co-owner, Kay Rodriquez of "The Tea Towel People".  They are Australian designers, printers and manufacturers and if I had my choice they would be the one company I would like to get a yes from.  Kay sounded really positive but she asked me to send her an email first.
Well, I guess Kay liked what I wrote and what we are doing as today I received a box of tea towels - THIRTY TEA TOWELS!!!!

The Tea Towel People make the most beautiful tea towels.  You really should get over to their page and check them out!  Here are the ones that Kay send us.
 I love these ones.  There is even an ANZAC Biscuit tea towel!  
 And I love these too!
These are going to make some awesome quilts - I can't wait to get started but I have quilts and laundry bags to finish off first.  Discipline!  Hmmph!  Oh well, these gorgeous tea towels will be there when I am ready!

As you would know if you have left a comment, I always reply to them and I really enjoy them.  Yesterday I got a lovely message yesterday from Alison, but unfortunately I can't reply as she is a no reply blogger.  I don't mind if you don't mind Alison but if you would like to change from being a no reply blogger then check this out and you will be able to rectify the situation.  In the mean time, thank you so much for your kind words, have fun at your quilt retreat and feel free to leave a comment any time you like.

Big post coming tomorrow night.  I will try and remember everything I want to pass on about posting off the quilts and laundry bags.  I will also give you the addresses you need for posting and I will give you a list of things you can include if you have spare room and weight.   Two weeks tomorrow till we can start posting.  Don't panic though as we can post till the 15th of April.  

Till next time..............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Jan-Maree, What a wonderful donation! Kay has done a really wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like lovely tea towels great job Jan-Maree in organising that... Can't wait to see them in person for our sew in tomorrow !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 30 tea towels just wonderful... an idea... maybe your block of the months can be worked around a tea towel or two xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is wonderful.. Love the t-towels..(I always say doesn't hurt to ask).. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know Jan-Maree. I had no idea!! I'm not really a blogger, I just signed up to Google so that I oculd comment on your post. I must admit I am a bit lost as to how to change my details, but I will give it a go. ;-) Alison xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Success, I think.... :-) Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats fantastic that they were able to donate. I love the aussie spirit. I think I will try and raid my local vinnies or salvo's. I am going to try and send atleast one package off during this mailing time. How many laundry bags does 2kg make?

    ReplyDelete