Monday 14 April 2014

Monday's Messages

Hi All,

First up, big thanks to all the ladies who attended the two sewing days this week -  yesterday and today.  We got so much done on Sunday and, although I am writing this early this morning because I wont have time to write tonight, I know the ladies who are coming today will achieve a lot as well.  

Thanks ladies - you are a wonderful bunch!


Help for Harold


Another wonderful quilter is our dear Harold, our octogenarian from Murwillumbah.  If you don't know about Harold ( seen in the pic above) you need to check THIS out.  They are a really special bunch of quilters and we love them!   Normally Harold is assisted in his quest to quilt by the marvelous Margaret.  Unfortunately Margaret is dealing with a few health issues at the moment and has a bit of time off work.  That means she is not there to cut blocks and so on for Harold to sew.  I suggested that we step in give Harold some sewing to do.   

So here is my plan.
If you have the time and fabric available could you please send in some star blocks that I can forward on to Harold.  To give the resulting quilts some unity I have picked a colour scheme and theme.  

The most popular colour requested is BLUE  

and sports of all kinds are pretty popular so ANYTHING SPORTY.  You can use other colours as long as you include plenty of blue in your block.
Above all these blocks are to be suitable for MALES please.

I would love to get enough stars for Harold to make two quilts but if we get more I am sure he can put them to use.  Please package your blocks in a ziplock bag and post them to me at PO BOX 248
Cherrybrook  NSW  2126.  

and before I move on......

GET WELL SOON MARGARET!!
MWAH!!

ANZAC Day.

Now those of you who have been following the blog for some time know that around ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day I ask people to write something and send it in to me  - a message for the troops.  Well I am going to do it again this year.  If you have been around for a while you may say "but I have already done that".  Well, maybe your time with Aussie Heroes has focused your vision in a different way.  

Also, don't forget the troops that are deployed this ANZAC Day are not the same ones who were deployed last ANZAC Day. 

I also know that there are lots of new people who read the Aussie Heroes blog and facebook page and I would like to hear from you too. 

If you are a serving member who has been deployed for ANZAC Day in the past then we would love to hear what your memories are of that ANZAC Day.  

If you are currently deployed and are looking forward to ANZAC Day in a foreign land, we would love to hear from you. 

If you are a Mum, Dad, wife, husband, partner, loved one or friend, we would love to hear from you.  What are your favourite, or your proudest memories of ANZAC Day. 

What makes ANZAC Day special to you?

Whatever your memories are of ANZAC Days past we would love to hear from you.

And to those who sew for us......

Please can you put a bit of thought into why you sew for us.  What is it about sewing for our Aussie Heroes is it that motivates you.  Some times it is hard to put these feelings in to words and you wonder if you can do it justice but trust me, you can.  

Please email your messages to me at friendsofAHQ@gmail.com and in the subject line write FOR ANZAC DAY.

Of course all messages will be published anonymously unless otherwise instructed.  

Til next time..................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx


No comments:

Post a Comment