Friday 27 January 2012

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I have to say a couple of very big thankyous!  On the 23rd of January I mentioned that I needed to try and find someone willing to donate some batting as it is the biggest expense we have at the moment.  Well, the very wonderful Tarnyia sat down to her computer and started emailing and writing letters to see what she could rustle up and boy! did she do well.  Bless her cotton socks, she contacted Victorian Textiles and today I received a huge box of large pieces of batting - see for yourself!
 Lengths vary from 1.6m to 2.7m - all in all enough batting for about 13 quilts!    
Thank you, thank you, thank you Victorian Textiles.
And thanks too Tarnyia!

I finished another two quilts today and managed to get them in the post with five other quilts.  Andrea made this one 
 and this was my work.  
 Love that pink spotty binding!
Seven quilts were sent off today to our first female soldier for her girlfriends.  

And now back to tidying my sewing room............truly I would rather be sewing! but I work better in a tidy room.  

Till next time...........happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Good on Tarniya, Victoriian Textiles and you.

    Do you want some more girls quilt tops and laundry bags ?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful they came to the party... now lets see what they others I emailed come up with... my hubby tells me there is an email from Spotlight that i need to sort out xxx

    ReplyDelete