Monday 9 May 2016

And the winners are......


Recently we ran a challenge - In Honour of the ANZACs Block Party. 

The idea was to create an ANZAC themed block. It had to either be a star block or for the more adventurous (or perhaps those with more time) it could be any block that measured the required 14.5 inches and each block must include at least a little royal blue to bring them all together. 

We received 15 blocks in all and here they are in the completed quilt!  

The photo does not do this quilt justice. The colours in it just sing and I can't help but smile when I look at it as I know that this will being a lot of warmth and colour wherever it is him in the Hospital in Task GroupTaji.

From time to time people who work in the hospital email for one reason or another and mention how much everyone enjoys seeing our quilts in their wards on the walls. 

I promised that there would be two prizes available for the Block Party Entrants. One for a star block and one for the other blocks.  Instead of the prizes being allocated on a "merit basis" the names went into a draw and the winners names were pulled out.



Congratulations to Liz J (star block) and Janis (appliqued block). I can't show you what your prizes are yet. I am waiting for them to arrive but I will get them in the mail to you as soon as I can.

Meanwhile the quilt is winging its way to TG Taji as I write. I am really hoping it will get there while the photographer is still there so that he can see the block that his sunset silhouette photo inspired and take a photo of the quilt as well. 

Fingers crossed. 

Till next time................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree  xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow! the quilt looks amazing, well done everyone...me included LOL and congrats to the winners, not that's why we do this but enjoy your gift! This special quilt will be very well received I'm sure,it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks great! !!
    Sandy A.

    ReplyDelete