Wednesday 7 August 2019

A Sneaky Delivery for HMAS Brisbane

Last week 230 laundry bags and 14 quilts were collected from HQ and spirited on to HMAS Brisbane. Now that she has deployed and the crew have started to receive the goodies, I can publish this post.   This batch of laundry bags, plus two others for two groups who do not yet have theirs, just about cleaned me out of random bags.   Not for long though as some have already started to arrive to fill the empty spots. 

We have already started to receive a few thank you messages.  It looks like our goodies were well received. 

Here is a snippet from one message...

"Firstly, I’d like to say, thank you for your service, and thank you for the laundry bag I just received. You and your team do a fantastic job supporting current and past serving members.

We’re a few days into our deployment, and the crew have started received the laundry bags you provided us. A few of my troops were lucky enough to receive a personal letter, and are keen to respond over the coming days.

I last served operationally in 2009 (Middle East Area of Operations), so unfortunately you guys weren’t around at that time. I spoke to some of my troops this morning and they were telling me about when they received theirs, what the design was, and how they still have it onboard now, or given it to their little ones.

Please keep up to good work and know that the hard work you and your team put in is greatly appreciated by us all."

So to those of you who make and send random bags to HQ a huge thank you very much and a big BZ (Navy speak for well done!) There is now a whole ship that has received our colourful reminders that we appreciate them.

Till next time... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx


1 comment: