Thursday 23 March 2017

Echidna Sewing Challenge

https://echidnasewingblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/22/sewing-for-charity-january-sewalong/

I am woefully slow sharing these photos and I do appogise to all concerned.  I wanted to wait till all the bags that were going to arrive made it to me and then just when I thought I was ready I had trouble with Picasa (my photos) and my laptop and so had to wait til I could get that sorted...... and then as most of you will know, I put out a call for new quilters and I spent all of that week up till 1am answering emails to keep up so now, at last... it is time.

A while ago I received the following email....


"Hello

My name is Erin and I am the Digital Marketing Manager of Echidna Sewing in Queensland. We are the leading Brother sewing and embroidery reseller in Australia and currently have over ten thousand subscribed customers and over 1,500 members in our Echidna Sewing and Embroidery Facebook community. We have to opportunity in 2017 to run a number of sew along projects, which we would like to focus on charitable donations. 

One of our customers has passed on your website as a suggestion for one of our Sew Along projects. i understand you are currently running one, however I am worried by the time we put together the information and send to our customers it may be a bit late for them to really add their own creative flare. Therefore, is there a project that you have in mind for 2017 that we could put together and give to our customers to ensure we have about a six week timeline to create and send away?

We would like to create each Sew Along as a blog post on our Echidna Sewing Blog, linking back to your charity and in this blog post will be all of the information they need to create the project. If this is something you would be interested in, I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. 

Thank you!!"

So, Erin and I chatted and we came up with the idea of a Laundry bag sew along.   You can read Erin's post about it here.  Some of the laundry bags were sent to Erin and some were sent to me.   I am not sure that these photos represent all the laundry bags we received from the challenge as I am sure that I lost a good few of them when I had the technical problems.   Still, I hope these pics will give you a good idea of the range and quality of what we received. 















































.....













What a great range of bags  Well done to all and a huge thanks for getting involved!
Til next time..... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome effort ladies, gorgeous bags, wonderful designs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!! So many laundry bags & all so different. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big pat on the back to Echidna Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, a laundry bag to cover everyones likes.

    ReplyDelete