Friday 31 January 2014

Weekly Dispatches 31 Jan

G'day all.  I hope you have all had a good week wherever you spent it.  I must say I am glad to be home again though I do enjoy driving around in the country. Now I am really looking forward to my next quick trip, this time for Aussie Heroes.  I am off to Adelaide and Julie Ann has been kind enough to offer her home for a Pot Luck DInner on Saturday the 1st of March. Timings etc are to be confirmed but if you are interested in coming, and I know a number of you have already expressed an interest on facebook when I posted it a few days ago, can you please email Julie Ann.   

julieannsearle@adam.com.au

Julie Ann will keep track of numbers, will coordniate what everyone brings (so we don't end up with all deserts and no main courses!) and will pass on details like the address etc. 

There is no restriction on numbers and all are welcome, quilters, recipients (please come!) and anyone else who is interested.  

So what else have we been up to this week?

46 quilts and 87 laundry bags for 2014.  

2410 quilts and 3816 laundry bags in total.

Often there is a bit of a story behind a quilt and it is the same with this one.   This is Amanda T's first foray into making a quilt for Aussie Heroes and didn't she do a great job.  When she told me it was heading off in the mail she wrote 

"I'm afraid it took a little longer than expected as one of my children had a serious car crash last week and has been in Intensive Care until yesterday.  The one bonus out of the situation is I had plenty of quilting time."

How is that for understated.  When I sent my best wishes for the child's recovery and then my amazement at her hand quilting she replied

"Hand quilting was wonderful to do while we waited for my son to have 8 hours of surgery and then when he was in Intensive Care for 5 days.  He is out now and will survive, so he is one very lucky 25 year old."

And to top it off Amanda thanked ME for giving her the opportunity to make a quilt for your group.  She said she felt very lucky to be able to contribute to a great idea.  My goodness!  Thank YOU Amanda!  This is going to be one happy recipient!

Amanda T



One by me!


Joan


Judy C



 Katherine



 Kaylee


Louise made this quilt top & Caroline added the boxing kangaroo and quilted it.


Pennie


Tracie S


Lynn made this quilt top and Kym quilted it with sunflowers - looks gorgeous!!!


Leanne made this one and quilted the yellow section with the word BRONCOS!


It has been a busy week.  Hope you all have a good weekend, both here and there!

Till next time...............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful quilts and laundry bags - a lot of people will be very happy soon.

    ReplyDelete