Tuesday 7 September 2021

Grati -Tuesday 7 September 2021

                     Back after a few days away from the laptop and work, after a day at work, I can safely say it doesn't feel like I've had any time off, but I'll take it anyway.

How is your week treating you?

Tuesday again already friends! You know what that means, enough from me, hope you enjoy the read!

....

Good Afternoon Anne,

I am emailing to say thank you for the laundry bag I have just received made by yourself. I am certain it will be well used during my time in Asia and many times after that!

It was amazing to read your letter.

I just want to once again, say thank you, for the laundry bag and what you are doing to support currently serving members. I know it was a lovely surprise for myself and the rest of the team over here.

I wish you and your family well.

....

Clarissa,

Thank you heaps for this awesome bag. 

I love the design, it completely made my week.

Stoked!

....

From the Facebook Page:

'It really touched my heart when I received this gift. Hopefully this gift will tighten the good relationship between the Australian Army and the Malaysian Army. Really appreciate it'

....

From the Facebook Page:

"I received mine this week and absolutely love both my quilt and my laundry bag. Thank you so much Keryn. I feel very privileged that she has put in so many hours and produced an item of such great quality"

                          ....

Hi Melissa,

I am currently deployed as part of Operation RESOLUTE.

I am stoked to be the recipient of one of your gorgeous hero bags today. I have just used it for the first time to do some washing.

I have three children, two boys and a girl. They are 6, 8 and 10, and my 'mums taxi' will still be busy for another decade! This is my 23rd year in the Army and the last 5 years of that, I have spent in Queensland. I transferred to the Army Reserves after the birth of my third child, so I feel so lucky that I can be a mum and keep doing what I love. I am only here for a short time so my husband doesn't go too crazy looking after the kids!

Thank you again for the beautiful bag, it will make me smile for many years to come. Your thoughtful gesture really makes a difference when you are away from home and away from the ones you love.

All the very best to you and your family.

 ....

Good Morning Kirsten,

First and foremost, thank you so much for the quilt. I absolutely love it. It's the exact type of red I like and overall cricket theme is awesome. I could not have asked for anything better.

Thank you for the back story. It means so much more to know the person who made it. 

I am a big believer in helping others when you can and when I do eventually leave Defence, I plan on being a High School Teacher because I am eternally grateful for the amazing teachers I had in school and helped me through a lot of stuff, so I hope to repay the favour to society.

Besides my future plans a little about me; This is my eighth year in the Army, but only my first as a Captain. As you might have been able to deduce, I am an Ammunition Technical Officer, having only completed my course last year, and now been very fortunate to deploy in my first year in the Trade, and was blessed with the opportunity to also assist in the Middle East with the pack up of the explosive ordnance as well as filling other log roles.

Now back in AMAB, and completed my quarantine period, am now working on the retrograde on other areas around the Middle East Region. Will be returning to Australia in the coming months.

Back home I am posted in NSW with my partner and two dogs. After multiple years of being separated due to postings and life factors, we were finally able to move in together this year. She was somewhat unimpressed, when I found out I would be deploying with 4 weeks notice, but she's understanding and supportive. Obviously, can be tough when they are in lockdown but she's got the dogs for company thankfully.

I received the quilt when I got out of Quarantine but we have had a few lockdowns of our own and been a busy period, so finally got someone to take some photos, and me writing this email.

Thank you again for the hard work, with this blanket and I can assure, I will be keeping it forever as a treasured item. I am very grateful for your hard work with it.

All the best, I hope it's not too cold there at the moment, even though we both know it always is haha.

Kind Regards



....

G'day Rita,

Thanks for the wash bag.

I'm the Company Sergeant Major up in Queensland. I have been posted here for the last 8 months and have been distributing these amazing bags.

There is finally enough for me to get one of my own, and can tell you everyone who has come through on deployment has loved them. They definitely stop the laundry arguments about who has whose uniform.

Thanks for all your support.

....

Dear Aussie Hero Quilts,

Just a short email to let you know that I have received my laundry bag from Marilyn. 

I am so grateful, and I will pass on my thanks to her individually as well.


....

Hi Marilyn,

I have recently received the beautiful laundry bag that you made for me.

I am so very grateful and it was definitely the highlight of my week last week. I have sent you a card in response to your letter but it may take 4 weeks or so to arrive, so I just wanted to say thank you in the interim.

I hope you are having a lovely start to your week.

Kind Regards 

....

Dear Heather, Sylvia and Ellen,

I recently received one of the Aussie Hero Quilts that was made for me whilst on deployment. I wanted to thank you for all of your hard work and the time and effort that was put into choosing the patterns and making the quilt. It's very special and something I will hold onto for many years to come.

I am 19 years old and this is my very first deployment and being this far away from home without any family. It was amazing and really nice to get something in the mail all the way from back home, that reminds me so much of home.

My family and I are from Queensland, and we have two dogs. I am very excited to get back home and see everyone. I joined the Navy when I was 17 and moved to NSW. Therefore, I don't get to see my family or my dogs as much as I'd like to. It was super nice to have 2 dogs added to the quilt to remind me of them.

I am a vegetarian and have been for the past 5 years. I really enjoy going to the gym and working out. I plan to start studying nutrition when I return home whilst still working normal hours in Defence to help with my knowledge about being a vegetarian and to help empower other women with their eating.

I can't wait to get home and eat my mums cooking. I have already requested the meal I would like for dinner.

I am very bubbly and out there person, and enjoy spending my free time with friends and family at the beach or shopping. I love listening to music, my favourite is country.

My mum is a hairdresser, and I've already asked her to cut my hair as soon as I get home to make me feel normal again.

I miss the little things I love while being away, like sleeping in my own bed, long showers and showing with no shines on but most of all cooking my own food. I love cooking and baking then having friends over to enjoy. My friends and I often do family dinner nights as most of us live away from our families, so we rely on each other and have become our own little family.

Thank you again for the quilt. I will be putting it to good use on the Ship and at home. I don't like the cold and we are currently in the United States.

....

Hello Janis,

Today, I received my quilt. It was a highlight of my tour so far. It is absolutely perfect. I called my wife to show her. It really is such a good quality and so vibrant.

I read your letter and your family sounds lovely. My wife is a teacher and we have thee sons who are grown up and departed. We are looking at living in Victoria - currently in NSW.

My dream is to retire in the country where my grandkids (none yet) can be.

I can't thank you enough.

Give my regards to your family, from a very grateful stranger in deepest Africa.

....

Hello Ruth,

I received my laundry bag.

Thank you very much for making this for me. It is truly excellent. I have not yet used it and I'm almost reluctant to do so in fear of ruining it, but I guess it would be a waste not to.

Once again, thank you for the effort and the time you take to do these laundry bags. Not just for me, but for everyone. 

They are wonderful and we appreciate it.

....

Hello Marilyn,

Today I received a laundry bag that you made. I just want to say a massive thank you for making these. I truly appreciate it a lot. I hope you and your big family are doing well and keeping safe during this time.

I've been in the service for just under 4 years now, I grew up and spent most of my childhood in NSW, then not long before I joined the Army moved to Queensland. I have 3 siblings total, 2 brothers and 1 sister. My brothers are also in the Army, 1 being in Northern Territory and the other in NSW. 

I am also an Uncle to a beautiful niece aged 1 and nephew aged 4 months.

Once again, I would like to say thank you for this gift and I hope you are doing well and keeping safe.

P.S. I was lucky enough to get a Captain Marvel one which was perfect for me as I am a huge fan of Marvel!

Kind Regards.


....

Good Morning Ruth,

Thank you so much for your laundry bag!

It is amazing that you were able to incorporate all of my requests. It was a big ask I know!

I live and am posted in South Australia when home. 

It means so much over here to get these gifts from home and words cannot describe how appreciative I am.

Thanks so much again.

Kind Regards.

....

Hello Clarissa,

I received my quilt.

Thank you very much for making this for me, it is truly excellent. I have not used it yet and I'm almost reluctant to do so in fear of ruining it, but I guess it would be a waste not to.

A little bit about myself, originally from South Australia, and with the Army have spent most of my time in Queensland and New South Wales. We are currently in NSW and enjoy the lifestyle that it provides.

I am a Draughtsman working with a small team of Engineers here to implement infrastructure, refurbishment and maintenance projects throughout the Middle East. It has been both personally and professionally rewarding seeing the results of our work.

I find myself married to a wonderful woman and mother and have two beautiful young boys - 5 and 3 that keep mum very busy.

The family are all safe in SA with their grandparents at the moment, and will stay there till the end of the year now. They were lucky and managed to get out of NSW two days prior to the lockdowns. It was organised that they would go for a visit during the mid-year school holidays and my wife was umming and ahhing whether to bring it forward or not (she did end up bringing it forward) as more COVID cases started appearing.

Our 5 year old is now enrolled in school and started making new friends whilst our little one is attending a few play groups and is really enjoying himself there.

Once again, thank you for the effort and time you take to do the quilts and laundry bags, not just for me, but for everyone. They are wonderful and we appreciate it.

Regards 

....

  WOW! Always so awesome reading these, and seeing some wonderful photos of our recipients, and this week was no different. 

Hope you are all safe wherever you are reading from and having a happy week.

Until next week, stay safe, stay happy and happy sewing.

Alex 

1 comment: