Saturday 2 May 2020

Block of the Month May 2020 ... Sandy's Star

Hi Everyone,

Jan-Maree here.  Sandy usually writes the tutorials and looks after our Blocks of the Month and our BOM Squad but for now, I am now doing it again. This message from Sandy will explain more.



"I have loved my communications with the BOM SQUAD and I appreciate the friendships that have developed.  I am sad that I cannot continue this rewarding work as quite “out of the blue” I have had an onset of symptoms that have led to the diagnosis of an aggressive brain tumour.  This requires my concentration, dealing with the condition, and concentrating on my family.  My very best wishes to each of you wonderful and generous volunteers.  Sandy"


I know you are all going to be shocked and saddened by this news because, whether you have actually met Sandy or not, I am sure if you have dealt with her for any length of time you have come to love and appreciate her.  Sandy has done so very much for Aussie Heroes that I am actually having trouble finding words that do justice to her commitment and contribution.

Sandy advised me that she had intended for us to do pinwheels this month but I am afraid that I have decided to go with another block. 

Our Sandy is such a shining star. I have decided that we will make this star in her honour this month and we will rename it "Sandy's Star".





You can find our tutorial for Sandy's Star here

The tutorial states to use the following colours.

FOUR COLOURWAY SUGGESTIONS

Blue and White for Navy
Blues for Air Force
Green & Gold
Black & White

But we are going to use slightly different colours.

Blues
Green and gold 
or 
Red, white and blue.

I am not going to stipulate where the colours need to go. Make them scrappy or not. It is up to you. Just make sure that they fall into one of the above categories. 

Once you have finished your block or blocks please send them to another wonderful volunteer, Bev at the address below. 

Beverly Uys
14 Larool Crescent,

Castle Hill, NSW  2154   

If you have any blocks from other months that you have not posted off please send them to Bev's address also.  Thank you. 

 For those of you who want to send a message to Sandy, here are her contact details.

Sandy Corry       
9 Wendouree Court, 
North Boambee Valley NSW 2450              

I know she would love to hear from you so let's all make sure she knows how much she means to us all. 


Sandy really has been a shining star within our organisation and now that she has to spend time looking after herself and her family we need to do our best to shine for others as she shone for us. 

Let's make some wonderful Sandy's Star Quilts to honour our wonderful friend. 

Till next time

Lots of love,

Jan-Maree xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment