Monday 10 February 2020

Aussie Hero Quilts Request List 10 February 2020

Hi All
Oh my goodness.  Australia is living up to her reputation… drought, bushfires and now storms and floods. One of our wonderful volunteers had a large tree land on the roof of their living room, garage and carport.    I hope everyone else is okay!

Priority Requests – numbers 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D are required to be in the mail no later than end of February.  These are late requests that I have just received. 

The post by date for ALL OTHER items on this list is 16 March please.

Badges, crests, silhouettes…..

Don’t be intimidated by the requests that want the above, I can probably send the badges and crests to you and can also send you silhouettes that you can print out and applique as is, or enlarge for extra impact.

  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces, then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.


PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste, please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicates the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.

Don’t forget, if the request wants aircraft on it, I can send you silhouettes to work with for applique. If a lot of text is needed then I can have it embroidered and sent to you.  If you are not sure about something please just ask. There are a couple of fiddly requests but most of them are fairly simple when you break them down. Just ask me if you are not sure. 

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do, I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. i.e. one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Jan-Maree







1
I meet with each Chaplaincy Course to introduce them to Aussie Heroes, what we do, who we are and what we can do to support them in their quest to support our troops. I need a personalised laundry bag featuring their service crest and their service/chaplaincy theme. I need the bags to be with me no later than Friday 6 March in order for me to be able to present them to the chaplains.


1
Yellow, Blue and Red. RAAF crest with initials and a couple of aircraft silhouettes. (JM can get this embroidered for you and I can print pictures of the aircraft or send you silhouettes to applique) 
M
LB
1A
Desert colours wiht a camel  Australian National Flag, and the RAAF CREST with my initials.  Thank you for all the work you do for ADF personnel, you people are truly amazing and your efforts are greatly appreciated. (JM can send you a RAAF crest)
M
LB
1B
Desert  colours with the Aussie flag and UAE national flag (easy to piece) and the RAAF Bomb Disposal logo (Jan-Maree can send you the logo to piece in). Thankyou.
M
LB
1C
ocean and sunset/desert themed with the RAAF crest and my personal details and deployment details on it. Thank you for your amazing support.  (JM can send you the RAAF crest with personal details included)
M
LB
1D
Desert colours with a C17 . Underneath can I please get my nickname.  Thank you so much!
F
LB
1E
RAAF crest, Australian Flag,  with my initials.
M
LB
1F
medical theme on  green/brown/black please, the words 'compassion, skill and courage' and a silouhette of a C17 and/or FA18 if possible.  Thank you!  (JM can get the words embroidered for you)
M
LB
1G
Desert colours with Camels. The RAAF crest/roundel, Australian Flag,  Thank you very much for the work you do - I have seen some of my collegues amazing quilts and I know I will really cherish mine :) (JM can send you the crest)
F
LB
1H
large dog paw in the centre (Black), with photo's of my 4 Military Working Dogs in the toe pads (One photo per toe pad) and below the names and dates of my delpoyments. Photo's can be printed on fabric for you. Deployment dates can be embroidered for you.  
F
LB
1I
Earthy tones to remind me of the desert (Light brown/ beige/nude/pink colours). May I also please have the G-EAOU aircraft, the RAAF Crest, and my initials. Thankyou for your ongoing support. (JM can send you a pic of the aircraft to be pieced in)
F
LB
1J
Q: Scooby Doo with Manitou ROT 68 – CIW  .  LB: Bees with surname   down one side
M
LB
1K
Q: Adelaide Crows LB: Richmond Tigers
M
LB
1L
Q: Solar System LB: Bees and Native Flowers (warratahs and banksias etc)
F
LB
1M
A bag that has Buses and Steam Locomotives
M
LB
1N
Trolls (the movie) theme
M
LB
1O
Australian Army ANZAC theme, Poppies, New to Old (WWI,WWII, Current) Deployed Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, UAE. Yes Yes
M
B
2A
Modern and Vintage  ANZAC theme (Rest on arms soldier silhouette as centre piece)
M
B
2B
C130J, Sports, colour-blue
M
B
2C
C130J, Harry Potter, colour-blue/red
M
B
2D
Rugby - NZ All Blacks, Silver Fern

Q
3
Army theme, Rising Sun, lots of pictures, (Jan-Maree can send you pictures on fabric and the Rising Sun) I don’t mind if it is too busy and if you can put in a NRL Newcastle Knights logo on it,
M
Q
4
Regimental colours are bright red horizontally over royal blue (or alternatively the artillery 'zig zag pattern is bright red zig-zags over navy blue background). Please include the artillery badge.  JM can provide the badge
M
Q
5
Huge fan of Australian Cricket Team.
anything to remember my time in Afghanistan. For example, mountainous regions/scenery surrounding Kabul.
M
Q
6
The Artillery Regimental colours are bright red horizontally over royal blue (or alternatively the artillery 'zig zag pattern is bright  red zig-zags over navy blue background). The Regimental badge. (JM can send you the badge to include)
The  Intellgience Corps colour is a light green plus the badge
 It would be fantistic if the quilt could reference both corps, as well as traditional features of Afghanistan such as the snow covered mountains.
(JM can provide both badges)
M
Q
7
Intellgience Corps colour is a light green,  our badge. Corps motto 'Forewarned, Forearmed' and the word Acorn would be great. Cheers!!
(JM can provide the badge and could have the text embroidered on cream, white or black for you)
M
Q
8
 I'd love something to remind me of my delpoyment to the Middle East Region (including camels or desert etc), The RAAF Roundel or creset, The Australian Flag, maybe a RAAF Aircraft if possible. I'd also like "OP ACCORDION OCT 19 - APR 20" incorporated somewhere if possible. Thank you very much for the work you do. JM can have the text embroidered under the RAAF crest and sent to you to piece in.
M
B
9
Can I please have a ocean and or sunset themed, with some red and purple poppies, RAAF roundel/crest and 'Op Accordion Oct 19 - Apr 20' if possible. Thank you very much for all your hard work. :)  (JM can send you a RAAF crest with the details embroidered underneath)
F
Q
10
 a camel & desert theme. Australian National Flag, and the RAAF CREST .  'Al Minhad Air Base' , 'OP ACCORDION Oct 2019 - Apr 2020'.  Thank you for all the work you do for ADF personnel, you people are truly amazing and your efforts are greatly appreciated. (JM can send you a RAAF crest with the text embroidered underneath)
M
Q
11
I would like a quilt to remind me of my deployment to the midle east region, with a desert theme. Could you please include OP ACCORDIAN OCT19-APR20. If possible please include the Aussie flag and UAE national flag (easy to piece) and the RAAF Bomb Disposal logo (Jan-Maree can send you the logo to piece in). Thankyou.
M
Q
12
Could I please request a patchwork quilt with plants (such as succulents) and shades of green around the outside of the quilt and dessert themed patches in the middle with a G-EAOU aircraft, the AUS flag, RAAF crest, Unit, my name and deployment dates (JM can have details embroidered under RAAF crest to piece in). Thank you so much!
F
Q
13
May I please request to have an ocean and sunset/desert themed quilt, with the RAAF roundel or crest and my personal details and deployment details on it. Thank you for your amazing support.  (JM can send you the RAAF crest with personal details included)
M
Q
14
I am a passionate Brisbane Broncos fanatic, I would like anything maroon, white and gold. Incorporated with a Belgian Malinois Dog if that is possible.
M
Q
15
Anything fishing related with possibly a Military Working Dog involved.
M
Q
16
Beach/palm tree theme or two dragons
F
Q
17
A C17 taking off with the dessert in the background. Underneath can I please get my nickname  EAOU 6  OCT 19-MAR 20. Thank you so much!
F
Q
18
I am a Military Working Dog Handler and would love a female black German Shepherd with brown legs and eyes under the stars and moon at night. 
F
Q
19
Aeroplanes/Hawaiian shirt type pattern, "Battlecat" 
M
Q
20
Yellow, Blue and Red. Royal Australian Air Force crest, "OP ACCORDION", "ATG630.1", "A3-A5".  (JM can get this embroidered for you and I can print pictures of the aircraft or send you silhouettes to applique)  Also if possible, a picture of each of the following aircraft that I have worked with during this deployment - C130J Hercules, C-17A Globemaster, E-7 Wedgetail, P-8A Poseidon and KC30A Multi-role Tanker
M
Q
21
I would love a desert theme quilt (like Aladdin) with camels and a Palace in the distance. If possible, I would love a night theme with a moon and stars as well.
M
Q
22
Blue and black colours, Maori designs with a belgian malinois dog incorporated.
F
Q
23
Black, Grey, Dark woodland green.Shadow Forest themed, maybe one stand out tree above the horrizon.
M
B
24
RAAF crest, Australian Flag, c130, c17 if poss,  "OP ACCORDION OCTOBER 2019 - APR 2020", my two dogs. One is a brown/white Shih tzu cross Pekingese and the other is a brown/white Sheltie (JM can print pics to incude and can send the RAAF crest with text embroidered below)
M
Q
25
medical theme on  green/brown/black please, the words 'compassion, skill and courage' and a silouhette of a C17 and/or FA18 if possible.  Thank you!
M
Q
26
something to remind me of my deployment to the Middle East Region (including camels or desert etc), The RAAF crest/roundel, Australian Flag, maybe a RAAF Aircraft if possible. I'd also like "OP ACCORDION OCTOBER 19 - APRIL 20" Thank you very much for the work you do - I have seen some of my collegues amazing quilts and I know I will really cherish mine :) (JM can send you the crest)
F
Q
27
Anything Air Force Related (perhaps RAAF crest or roundel, aircraft silhouette), Preferably middle east theme - ask JM
F
B
28
I would like a desert and Air Force theme, with camels, RAAF Roundel, RAAF Ensign (if possible), and words
"OP ACCORDION 22 Oct 19- 29 Apr 20" with 
C-130J, and  C-17 , P-8, E-7 aircraft if possible.
(JM can send you the aircraft silhouettes to work with)
"I have a great love of camels, they remind me of adventures at home"  Thankyou for what you doing for us, it means so much!
M
B
29
I love the Atherton Tablelands (Far North Queesland) and I would like the quilt to reflect this. Blue sky, rolling green hills, cows, etc. Thanks so much.
M
B
30
Could I have a Fawn colured PUG theme quit to remind me of my Daughter and a Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs theme Laundry bag. Thanks for the great work
M
Q
31
Can I please get a mountain theme with the UAE flag and the Australian flag  and "EAOU-6   Oct 2019 – Apr 2020". Thank you
M
B
32
 Can I get a quilt to show my delpoyment to the Middle East Region maybe a camel a sunset and rolling sand dunes, Also if possible a RAAF Plane with EAOU - 6  OP ACCORDION with an Australian Flag and a UAE Flag in the background. Im sure whatever you make will be great. Thank you so much for your time and effort.
M
B
33
If possible I'd like to request a Firefighter theme incorperated with camels, dunes/desert, and the Mosque with a jet flying overhead. Also the Australian flag and 'OP ACCORDIAN' if possible. Thank you!
F
B
34
May I please have in landscape layout an ANZAC themed quilt with the RAAF crest, Rising Sun, Navy crest and tri-service ADF crest in the corners,  southern cross.   Also in the middle at the bottom the initials CRN with Al Minhad Air Base 2019-2020 underneath the initials. (JM can send you the crests to piece in)
M
B
35
May I please get in landscape layout a Koala wearing a bush hat riding a camel among sand dunes near an Oasis (palm trees etc.) With "MER 2019 - 2020" at the bottom middle
M
B
36
May I please have a desert themed with sunset behind the Burj Khalifa and OP Accordion 2019-2020 on it. Thanks
M
B
37
Can I please have a Fire Fighter theme quilt though in the desert with the RAAF Roundel or crest (JM can send you the crest with the text underneath it) and the text "EAOU-6   2019 - 2020 with my last name also if possible a camel on there as well, thankyou.
M
B
38
Moon, Sun , Stars, Wolf, Tree/Plant, Tauras, Gemini, Mountains, Forests, Rivers, Islands/Ocean, Blue theme
M
Q
39
Blue, no camo patterns.  Near the bottom a simple pic of Daisy Duck and a Felix the Cat, below those pics my nickname (JM can print Daisy and Felix)
M
B
40
Rising Sun, camels and desert colours
M
B
41
blue, interested in mountain biking,  snowboarding
M
Q
42
large dog paw in the centre (Black), with photo's of my 4 Military Working Dogs in the toe pads (One photo per toe pad) and below the names and dates of my delpoyments. Photo's can be printed on fabric for you. Deployment dates can be embroidered for you.  OP Warden  Oct 1999 to Jan 2000
OP Accordion Oct 2019 to Apr 2020
F
Q
43
May I please request a quilt with a patchwork sun in the middle of Earthy tones to remind me of the desert (Light brown/ beige/nude/pink colours). May I also please have the G-EAOU aircraft, the RAAF Roundel/Crest, Unit, my name and deployment dates.  Thankyou for your ongoing support. (JM can send you a pic of the aircraft to be pieced in)
F
Q
44
I would love the design to include The Great Wave Off Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai as I love the sea and missed the family holiday to Japan as I was deployed on short notice.  "Per Ardua Ad Astra", RAAF roundel (in one corner) in another corner three monkeys (hear, see, speak no evil - for my three sons) and in the third corner three small owls one in pink, one blue and one green for my partners three girls) and the remaining corner a honeysuckle flower on a green background (representing my partner)
M
Q
45
Beach Theme with Blue Sky in the background and a Spitfire and C-130 flying over the top
M
Q
46
I would like a desert theme quilt (like Alladin) BUT with the Burj Al Khalifa on the left, Burj Al Arab on the right, with desert and a mirage style water oasis between them with camels and a palace in the distance behind the mirage oasis (the buildings representing modern UAE, the palace & camels representing old traditional UAE type theme). If possible, I would also like to have a small Australian flag in the top left of the quilt, the title "OP ACCORDION Oct 19 - Apr 20" top centre of the quilt,  a small UAE flag top right of the quilt, the RAAF crest bottom left of the quilt, the UAE Airforce crest bottom right of the quilt with "EAOU-06 deployment" bottom centre please.
M
Q
47
Armoured Corps Badge, the Rising Sun badge and the Afghan Flag as well as some of the defining Afghan scenery like the mountains that surround Kabul as a background.  My wife and I are expecting our first child whilst I am deployed - we've found out its to be a baby girl.  I'm very much looking forward to meeting her when I return to Australia!  It would mean a lot to me if it was something she was able to use once she grows a little and could use it on her own bed - so girly colours are fine!
M
Q
48
I request if it is not to much burden that a design be created related to world travel. When the chance arises I love to travel to different countries and experience different cultures. Some of my favourites being the Islands of Hawaii, the anceint city's of Debrovnic, Rome and Prague and Egypt. - This ties in with my love of history. My favourite colours are blue and red. Alot of scope for creativity look forward to seeing your creation.
M
Q
49
Can I please have a Fire Fighter theme quilt though in the desert with the RAAF Roundel or crest  and the text "OP ACCORDION  EAOU-6   2019 - 2020" with my last name also if possible, thankyou. (JM can get the text embroidered for you to piece in)
M
Q
50
Aussie flag, regt logo, company logo, nickname (Happy with any colours but fav colours are grey and blue ) 
M
Q
51
 German Shepherd with an outback theme would be amazing. Maybe something similar to the RM Williams longhorn also incorperated. ROTO 16 . Thankyou!
M
Q
52
REGT Logo,Australian Flag,Punisher skull (JM can send you the logo and a silhouette of the punisher)
M
Q
53
Regt Logo,Australian Flag,Initials (JM will send you the logos to be pieced in)
M
Q
54
REGT logo,Punisher skull,Multicam Australian Flag (JM will send you the logos to be pieced in and some multicam)
M
Q
55
REGT logo,SOTG Iraq logo, Australian flag (JM will send you the logos to be pieced in)
M
Q
56
REGT Logo,Australian Flag, Wolf logo (JM will send you the logos to be pieced in)
M
B
57
Deep sea divers, like ship wrecks/octopuses etc
M
Q
58
Q: Scooby Doo with Manitou ROT 68 – CIW  .  LB: Bees with surname   down one side
M
Q
59
Q: Richmond Tigers LB: Richmond Tigers
M
B
60
Adelaide Crows LB: Richmond Tigers
M
Q
61
Q: Solar System LB: Bees and Native Flowers (warratahs and banksias etc)
F
Q
62
Q: Detroit Redwings (NHL Ice Hockey)
LB: Detroit Redwings (NHL Ice Hockey)
M
B
63
Japanese dragon and my surname please
M
B
64
Toy story and Ninga turtle theme
M
Q
65
Sailor Jerry artwork
M
B
66
Collingwood Football Club theme please
M
Q
67
Q:space theme.
M
Q
68
Boxing Gloves
M
B
69
Old school divers
M
B
70
Musical Instruments
M
Q
71
Frozen (the movie) theme
M
Q
72
Australian National Flag, and the Afghanistan flag - a design that captures the beauty of snow capped mountain ranges on one side (what I’m surrounded by in Afghanistan right now), and the warmth of dusk in Australian outback on the other.
M
B
73
blue ocean themed quilt with a killer whale on it.
M
Q
74
I'll be grateful for anything ANZAC related (My Dad is a Kiwi). I have deployed with 2SQN E-7As, and 37SQN C-130Js.
M
Q
75

No comments:

Post a Comment