Tuesday 28 January 2020

A visit to HMAS Hobart...LAST CHANCE

EDIT 28 Jan 2020

G'day all.

So far I have the following names on my list of people to join me on HMAS Hobart for a tour and refreshments, on Wednesday 5 February. 

Helen W
Leanne McN
Carolyn M 
Gail MacQ
Bridget R
Jenny N
Howard N
Sally C
Rita C
Clarissa L
Bev U
Sheena B
and myself. 

There are still a few spaces left if you want to join us but you have to be an active volunteer, ie, you need to have sewn for us in the last 6-12 months. 

Last chance to let me know is by midday tomorrow, Wednesday 29th January. 



Good afternoon all,

I have just received an invitation for 20 of our volunteers to visit HMAS Canberra on the morning of Wednesday 5 Feb 2020.


HMAS Hobart (III) is the first of three ships of the Hobart Class guided missile destroyers and she was commissioned on 23 September 2017.
Hobart was constructed in Australia by the Air Warfare Destroyer Alliance.
Hobart will provide air defence for accompanying ships in addition to land forces and infrastructure in coastal areas, and for self-protection against missiles and aircraft. 
I will give priority to people who have sewn for us in the last 6 months but if you have sewn in the l2 months still put your name down in case there is room.  Partners are also welcome, however preference will be given to those who sew for us. 

You will need to make your own way to the Gangway at Garden Island by 915am and our tour should be completed by 1130 or so.  

If you are interested in coming along please email me at friendsofAHQ@gmail.com.  Comments on Facebook may be missed. 

Cheers

Jan-Maree xx


1 comment:

  1. If only I lived in Sydney. Would love to have done this xx

    ReplyDelete