Tuesday 3 December 2019

Grati-Tuesday 3 Dec 19

More quilts and laundry bags have arrived in their location this week and that included 220 laundry bags that we quielty sent off to meet HMAS Hobart on their way home from their first operational deployment.  Big thanks to Sally and her son Cameron, a veteran himself, who got them all packed and ready to go. 

And now enjoy the rest of these messages..... 
.....


Hey Sue, 

Thank you so much for the laundry bag, I'm in awe - it's amazing.

I don't know if you guessed but I'm English (which is why I'm such a soccer fan), and I grew up in Liverpool and have been a huge fan all my life.  I transferred to the Australian Army last year after 23 years in the British Army as we thought it would be a bit of an adventure and had always wanted to try the Australian lifestyle.

I have been married for 18 years and we have three children 17,  25 tomorrow and 13 and 1 naughty Cavalier King Charles who is 6 and rules the house. I'm also a big fan of Staffy's and love how excited and loyal they are. I can honestly say that we are all enjoying life where I am posted, even if it is a bit hot and humid at times, although we are excited that we should be moving to QLD at the end of next year. 

Once again thank you so much for the laundry bag and all the treats, 

Take Care



.....
Hi Kaye,

I received the laundry bag that you made for myself, thank you very much! I love it!

I appreciate the card you wrote me and the care package

I’m doing well, and I’m glad you like my sense of humour - I suppose even here there always has to be that “class clown”

Portland looks and sounds like it’s everything I’m into, it sounds gorgeous -  I’ve never been though unfortunately.

I grew up in Geelong, Vic so I laughed a bit when you said that it was wet and windy on the day you wrote the letter. That statement alone makes me think of Victoria to a tee. I’ve been living in Newcastle, NSW for the last 6-7 years and I love the coastal life there – if you’ve never been I’d recommend visiting.

Once again I truly appreciate the time you took to make the laundry bag for me, it’s so much more than just that to me.
......



Hi Joy

I’m just writing to say a big thank you for the Aussie Hero Quilt I recently received. Thanks so much for taking the time to put it together. I love it!

I was worried that I might not receive it before I left as it was a late request and we’ve had significant mail delays. But sure enough it arrived in time for me to put it to good use. The designs are great and really well put together. I wasn’t expecting a laundry bag either and the one you made up is awesome - I really like the colours and vintage style comic covers.

They actually came at the end of an otherwise very average week, so it was an amazing ‘pick me up’. When I got parcel I knew what it would be but I decided to leave it until I was done for the day and had cleaned up so it would feel like a bit of a reward. When I did open it I laid it out on the bed right away and it instantly brought a smile to my face. Of course I had to show it off to my roommate too when he got back in and he agreed it was pretty cool.

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to make it and put it all together. It was really kind of you.



Kind regards 
......



Hi Pat,

I received the quilt and laundry bag yesterday, and it is awesome!! Thanks so much!! I really appreciate the work done! All the guys i work with love it also! We really do appreciate what you do!

And the beach theme does remind of home!

Also the tim tams have been eaten very quickly!

Yet again thank you so much for the quilt and laundry bag! 
.....

Bridget, I just wanted to thank you for the best laundry bag I’ll ever own!!!! Thanks for taking the time and effort for making this for myself. The team are very jealous! They have all submitted a request and we have been getting them in over the past couple of weeks. They are all awesome (second only to mine). Thanks to you and the team for all the care and work you put in for us. Being so far away from home it’s nice to know that we have this support back us Australia. We are about half way through the deployment but it is going relatively quick! Still can’t wait to get back in Australia and see my mum! I hope you are enjoying your retirement, however i don’t think the laundry bag requests will ever slow down!!! Once again, thank you so much for the support and bag! No sock will ever go missing
.....


Hi Kate,

I would like to be able to have the opportunity to thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart for your wonderful gift of my very own Laundry Bag.

I received it on one of those days where you are not expecting any mail from home and all of a sudden postman pat is delivering you a parcel. When I opened the box and saw the bag my breath was taken away, I got all misty eyed at how beautiful it was and the detail and trouble you had gone to, to make such a special bag. I immediately put up a picture on the messaging system we have here and my colleagues were a little jelly.... lol. I was pretty moved that this is your favourite poem, since I have joined the defence force 17 years ago its become a very significant symbol for me symbolising my service and my love for my country and Army family. I felt comforted that complete strangers had thought enough to send me something special while I was separated from my home. It is a very humbling experience and means a great deal. I'm even reluctant to put my sweaty gym gear in it, its so nice....lol.

The weather is getting hotter due to summer months, the wet season is still hanging around a little bit and we are having some rain which makes the humidity rise and remind me a little bit of being at home, I'm lucky that I have just weeks left and then I will be back on Australian soil, so not a lot of time to get homesick just to concentrate on the end and enjoy the ride and experiences.

I hope that this finds you well and thanks again for your kindness, it means so much that people take time to make us feel special. A huge morale boost!!!!


Kind Regards
......

Good morning Sue,


                                Earlier this year, I added my name to a list of people that were interested in receiving a laundry bag from AHQ as a deployed member. I was deployed on Operation Mazurka in the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt from January – August 2019. Like all good mail in Egypt, it didn’t actually find me until after I returned and arrived on my doorstep yesterday. I am very grateful for the laundry bag and will send a picture of me holding it by the end of the week.
.....

Good morning Jenny,

My apologies for taking so long to write this email, I wanted to make sure I thanked you before the end of our deployment. In saying that just so you are aware, today is the rotations RTA (Return To Australia) and we are looking forward to returning to our beloved country, family and friends very much.

I would like to thank you for the effort that you have placed into the laundry bag that I received upon arrival, it has been extremely useful to me whilst being deployed on RCB 127. Being new to the Defence Force it touched me to know that our work is appreciated and the gifts from the Aussie Hero Quilts were well received and used during our rotation.

Again I would like to thank you for your kindness and effort.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a safe and joyful festive season in addition to a safe and Happy New Year

Kind regards 

....

Till next time, keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment