Tuesday 19 November 2019

Grati-Tuesday 19 November

Some lovely messages here. Don't forget to share your thank you messages with me so that I can share them on the blog to encourage everyone with them.  Of course I remove personal information, identifying information and any operational information before I publish anything. 

Sit back grab a cuppa and enjoy!..  I am off to grab a glass of some leftover birthday Moscato....  :-)
.....

Hi Sally,

Thank you so much for my laundry bag, I absolutely love it!!! Not only is it thoughtful, it is absolutely necessary to have one over here considering how much washing I do per week haha.

It’s pleasing to hear that you are enjoying making the Quilts and Laundry Bags as everyone over here absolutely loves and appreciates receiving them. To think that people like yourself at Aussie Hero Quilts take the time out of your days to create these items for the
Defence members overseas amazes me. My Mum is very crafty and is always knitting, sewing or making something, this one time I remember her opening the trunk of her car and it was filled with handmade teddy bears that she made herself, maybe 50 or so. They
were made to be sent overseas for children in third world countries and what is crazy about the teddy bears is they were not all the same, each one was individually different to each other, the colours, the facial features, the lengths of torsos and limbs etc, my mind was blown.

I have attached a photo of myself with the laundry bag, the plane I work on and a picture of some flowers my Mum made for Remembrance Day.

Keep up the good work you do for Aussie Hero Quilts and please pass on my thanks to the other people you know who do it too.

Kind regards,

.....

 

Dear Su J,

I wish to express my thanks and gratitude to you for the amazing quilt I received today.  All members of the team have received their washing bag and the quilts have started to arrive.

I am absolutely delighted with your Bombing of Darwin design and greatly appreciative for the time and obvious effort you have gone to in making such a work of art.

HMAS Armidale is a busy operational vessel with an amazing crew drawn from all walks of Australian life.  One thing that unites us is our common sense of purpose and service to the nation and her people. 

To receive these quilts and your thanks is symbolic of that from the Nation and something we are all personally humbled by.

I wish you all the very best and please know that if you require anything from team Armidale you just have to ask.

Yours in Service


.....
Robyn,

It was quite a few years ago now, however, when I was serving on the old HMAS Darwin in 2017/18 as a Seaman, I received a hand made laundry bag from you. For these past years I have been meaning to get back to you and simply thank you for your magnificent work. I put the bag to good use as soon as I received it. 

Yours truly,
.....

Hi Jenny
I’m currently serving in Middle East as a Driver of the Royal Australian Corp of Transport. I normally reside in Qld, with my wife and son who is 12 and our two dogs.
Thank you so much for taking the time to make me a laundry bag, I love it and received it on my 37th birthday which made it extra special, the snacks were awesome to thank you.
I wish you, your family and all of the people working with Aussie hero’s all the best, your work is amazing.
kind regards 

.....


Hi Daneen,



Thank you so much for the quilt, I really love the Angry Rabbit design. It looks great and hopefully the Rabbitohs win next season 😊

I have included photos with the quilt you made me, thank you again.



Till next time, keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-MMaree xx 

1 comment: