Wednesday 9 October 2019

We will be all dressed up with somewhere to go .....

Hi All, 

Today marks 8 years exactly since I started Aussie Heroes.  So much has happened in that time and so many quilts and laundry bags have headed off overseas and all over the place to our serving men and women.  

Unfortunately I don't have time to dwell on the anniversary as I am heading to Canberra tomorrow, via a stop over with an AHQ friend. Once i get to Canberra I am out to dinner tomorrow night, with another recipient come friend. So whilst I can't sit here and write something special about marking another yearly anniversary at least I will be doing what I love and counting the blessings that AHQ had brought to me personally, let alone all the serving men and women you all have made quilts and laundry bags for who now know that their service is appreciated. 

In a few short weeks many of us will gather together in Canberra for our Annual Thank You Weekend. 

I have had lots of questions from volunteers attending trying to find out what to wear so I thought the best thing to do was to write a post... so here goes. 

Dress for Civilian Fellows is Suit or Long Sleeved Shirt and tie please. 

That is the easy part.  All you blokes really have it easy. SO, the ladies are all asking me what they should wear so here you go.. pick something you would wear out to a really nice restaurant. You are going Old Parliament House which is a lovely venue. In fact someone rather outrageously said to me the other day, "Well its not Sizzlers Darling!".   If you come to the dinner I will explain that... if you remember to ask me!

Anyway here are some pics of our previous years... what a parade of well dressed folks!!! 














That should answer all your questions.... I hope.  

Till next time... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!


Jan-Maree xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment