Tuesday 22 October 2019

Grati-Tuesday 22 October 19

Hi all,

I am off to Perth tomorrow for a few days and am including visits to Swanbourne Barracks, HMAS Stirling and believe it or not, my High School 40th Reunion! Where did those years go.  I will also be meeting with some of the crew of our next ship to deploy, making sure that they know what we do and how we operate.

More on that when I get home if I have time before our Annual Dinner. 

For now, enjoy these messages. 
.....


Hi Rita,
I am an Army photographer. I first enlisted in the Army in 2005 as a rifleman. I choose the Army over Air Force or Navy because some of my school friends joined the Army and I heard a lot of good things about serving in the Army.
I completed 10 years as a rifleman, reaching the rank of Corporal before Corps transferring to Public Affairs as a photographer.  I believe I have the best job in the Army as I travel around the world to capture and document the great work the ADF do.
I am married, and have two boys, seven and eleven years old.
My wife and I also run a photography business outside of Army.
Thank you for the box of goodies and the Rabbitohs laundry bag (I placed an order for a quilt but maybe it got mixed up). It looks great and hopefully we win next season 😊
I have also included photos with the laundry bag you made me, thank you again.

Regards,



.....

Dear Jan-Maree,

On behalf of my husband Nathan and I, we would like to say a huge thank you to yourself and the team at Aussie Hero Quilts, in particular Jeanette, Sandy and Kath at the Coffs Harbour Team. We just received the quilt from Debbie at Soldier On and were blown away with the thoughtful gesture.

We both love the intricate work that was involved in designing and creating such a beautiful quilt and we feel that it represents Nathan's Air Force service well. We especially liked the personal details that were included in the quilt, such as Nathan's details, Steps for Stroke and the 5 mountains! We really appreciate all the time, effort and hard work it takes to make these quilts.

Thank you for sharing your own story with us. We have started following you on social media and look forward to seeing many more of your quilts being sent to deployed and injured personnel and veterans. Nathan has come a long way since his injury over 2 years ago. The ongoing support we receive from the veteran community has been overwhelming and it helps spur him (and myself) on towards fighting for awareness and recovery.  Keep doing what you're doing as it brings a smile to our faces and brightens a sometime dreary day.

Once again, thank you!

Kerrie and Nathan.


.....


Dear Sue,
 Thank you so much for the quilt and laundry bag. The applique work is amazing! Also thanks for the treats.
 This is my first trip to Africa, and the wildlife is unique. So many glorious coloured birds and lizards. Oh and snails- as long as your palm- they are massive!
 I've had an itchy packing blanket on my bed for two months, so now that is replaced by the wonderful quilt you've made.
 This is my second deployment, I have two little girls, one who is 5 (last time I was deployed she was her little sisters age) and the other who just turned two last week. This is my 2 year old's quilt, something to cherish so my girls know i never forgot them. (Poppy has a poppy quilt at home)
So thank you for making this quilt, You are part of my famous Service memory, and I really appreciate that. Thank you for your Service.
Take care
.....

Hi Marilyn

I returned to my room today after a big few days at work to see a package from you sitting at my door. There are no words to explain the feeling of seeing a package sitting at your door and realising it’s from the Aussie Hero team.

Thank you so much for my beautiful laundry bag, seeing the beach and music theme just makes me so happy as they are both things I thoroughly enjoy. I did not expect all of the goodies you included and I will be sure to share them with my work colleagues. The cards are fantastic as on the odd occasion when we are all together and have some down time we like to sit outside and play games. I am incredibly appreciative of volunteers like yourself who selflessly put so much time and effort into these quilts and laundry bags, they brighten our rooms and make being away from home and our loved ones that bit easier.

My job in the RAAF is an Operations Officer. I essentially work alongside our flying crews and am the central co-ordination for the Squadron. Some of the duties I am responsible for include:
  • Our flying program is executed on time
  • Our crews remain current in their flying requirements
  • Supporting agencies, both internal and external, are aware of what we need and are able to meet our flying requirements
  • I speak with our maintainers to ensure the serviceability of our aircraft to keep our flying program on track
  • The airspace/loads/ground support we need for our missions is booked
I hope this email finds you well, thank you so much again for the time and effort you put into my laundry bag, I am extremely grateful.

All the best, kind regards
......

Dear Jenny,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the beautiful laundry bag I have received.
I have just completed my initial Chaplain course and was so honoured to receive the bag you have made for me.
Daisies are my favourite flower - so that bag is just perfect!
I felt so proud to receive it!!
Thank you for your kindness and all the time and effort you have taken - it hangs proudly in my house :-)
Thank you also to your family for their service - someone once told me 'we may wear the uniform as serving members - but our families all serve' and I think this sounds true of your family also.
Thankyou again from the bottom of my heart.
Your sincerely,
......

Dear Sandy, Jeanette, Chris and Mary,
Thank you so much for the beautiful Quilt! I was excited to receive it in the mail and I woulkd like to take the opportunity to say thank you. As you already know, I am currently serving on OPERATION ACCORDION in the Middle East Region as a Logistics Operator. The organisation I work within delivers theatre logistics support to Australian deployed forces.

I was born and bred on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, so I’m a beach girl! I enlisted into the Australian Army in 2014. 

My dog passed away late last year, she was a Doberman and that’s what inspired me to have a quilt made in dedication of her and I thank you so much for the time and effort you put into making this quilt for me. It’s perfect and I am so excited to take it back home with me.

I apologise for not having time to handwrite you all a letter. I know a typed one isn’t as personal, but just know that I am very grateful.

It is a challenging time to be away from family and friends, and I sincerely thank you all for your contribution to supporting deployed Australian Forces. I very much appreciate the effort, time and thought you put into the quilt you sent. It is so very humbling to know that people are thinking of us during these long periods away from our loved ones.
Again, thank you.
.....

Jan-Maree and Bridget, 

I have just received my quilt and am absolutely blown away by your ladies work and  support your team has done for our deployment and more broadly any ADF personnel on operations.
The letter my quilter (Bridget) put in the package was a great intro and gave context on how and why you all support us so well, and was a personal reminder of appreciation.

Make no mistake your work is very much appreciated and is a great reminder that people, other than our military leaders, appreciate the service that we provide to the government and the Australian people. As we move around the world on operations, we don't all necessarily agree with all decisions our leaders make, but we do honour our allegiance to the country and the democratically elected government of the time elected by the people, and therefore do our duty. (this was a mistaken attitude made with our Vietnam vets!!)


Thanks again for your whole team and specifically yourself, for starting this unbelievable group, and Bridget, who has made me something I will cherish forever. 


Thanks again and keep doing great work as its much appreciated.
.....

Til next time... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

No comments:

Post a Comment