Tuesday 3 September 2019

Grati-Tuesday 3 Sep 19

Hi all, 
Well here is hoping that you are all well and have managed to avoid the dreaded lurgy. I got caught last week but I think I have it almost beaten this week so onwards and upwards. Messages like these are certainly good medicine.. sit back and enjoy the read.

......

Hi Fran,

I have just received my lovely quilt from you. I just want to say thank you and show you this picture of how much it brights up my room, especially in comparison to my dark grey blanket. It makes me feel very special to receive something hand made.

Thank you again, and I wish you and your husband a very happy future.

Regards


....

Dear Ellen,

                                I got a very special delivery today! I love your ‘take’ on my request. It brought tears to my eyes. I am also a keen crafter and sewer, so I know how much time and effort goes into a creation like this.

                There are many things about this trip that I want to, and hopefully will, forget one day. But this quilt will remain a treasured gift. It is amazing to think someone I have never met would put in such time and effort just for a little comfort from home. It is very very much appreciated.

                I have added the pictures from your garden to my wall and they now sit amongst the artwork that my children send. The Doug Green quote is very me! My children are 7 and 5, the same as your oldest 2 grandkids. My husband is a high School teacher. Currently we are based in XXXX and we live on farm outside of town. The block was bare 4.5 years ago and while garden isn’t what I want yet, we have managed a lot in that time.
                I will send you a quick email tonight to let you know the quilt arrived, and it may seem short but I like real letters best. I’m a bit old fashioned!
Thank you again. I absolutely love it!
.....

Good Afternoon Anne.

I received your laundry bag today and I love it.
Thank you so much it will definitely come in handy.

I’ve been in the Army for 5 years now. I am a unit quartermaster

I was recently in PNG working with the PNG Army and while we were
Over there we got the opportunity to do the Kokoda Train and it was
An awesome experience.

Anyways thank you so much again for the laundry bag, I really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
......


Hi Stephanie, 

MI have recently received your beautifuly made laundry bag here in Malaysia. I just wanted to thank you for the effort you put into it and let you know it will be put to good use. 


Kind regards, 
......


Jan-Maree and Stephanie,



I write to you from Malaysia where I and the rest of my company have just landed. We have gone through our induction period and are currently going through team drills in lead up to some Jungle Training that, previously, we have not been able to capitalise on whilst posted within Australia.

My platoon (approximately 39 personnel) all received Laundry Bags from you and your team of dedicated Australian personnel. The gesture in which you have all made to us and the support that inherently binds the effort made is overwhelming. Although trivial, a laundry bag sustains the individual within a small team environment, avoids excess of smell post field activities and also allows for a degree of tidiness within their living quarters.

Stephanie… I received your bag. I love it! I have been a fan of geometric style patterns and the colours are also someone Celtic which do resonate with me. Please, keep up the awesome work!

Again, thank you so much for your support and I look forward to having this bag with me for the remainder of my career and have it come places that other Australians may not get too.

Sincerely yours,

.....



Hi Hilary,



I received your laundry bag and your letter. It sounds like you and your husband have lived very impressive and adventurous lives. I’m 23 years old and have been in the Australian Army for just over three years now. I’m currently on my second deployment overseas and very much enjoying it so far. I’m originally from Western Australia but have been working in Brisbane for the last three years.  Just wanted to thank you for the lovely gesture and assure you that I will get good use out of it!

Thank you again,
......



Good morning Ellen,

I am the proud recipient of you amazing kangaroo laundry bag. I am currently deployed on exercise in Butterworth, Malaysia and Singapore conducting jungle training and international engagements with the local military and civilian populations.

It is great to hear that you have retired and getting out and about to see our country like you are, my grandparents have done multiple trips around Australia in their caravan and absolutely loved every bit of it so hopefully you can get plenty of time to travel in between looking after your grandchildren and being with your family.

Thank you again for the laundry bag, it’s definitely a drastic improvement to my current issued one and adds a bit of life to my dull green laundry. It’s a great little gift and makes the men and women of our defence forces feel that little more appreciated by our fellow Australians.  Sorry I don’t have a photo of the laundry bag an myself attached to this email although I will attempt to get one to you as soon as I can.  


Kind Regards,
.....


G'day Thelma


I hope you are having a wonderful day today.

I would like to take some of your time and say thankyou very much for your support of us. The laundry bag expresses my inner gamer and I adore it. 
.......



Good morning thelma

I am from 4 REGT in Townsville.
I'd just like to thank you for your work at AHQ and the quality of your work with the laundry bags. 
I've received one of the bags previous when I was overseas and I can say its  a good touch of home and definitely comes in handy. 

I just want to thank you again and hope you and your family are doing well. 

.....

Dear Cath,

First of all THANK-YOU!  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the lovely care package and the laundry bag.

It is almost as if you knew me before making the care package, all of the colours are my favourite and everything in the package was exactly what I needed.
Your letter was very touching; the fact that you take time out of your busy life to put together such detailed and personal care packages for deployed ADF members is admirable.
I bet your son is very proud of your contribution and it is evident that you are extremely proud of the sacrifices that he has made.  I hope he is recovered well and enjoying his life firm on Aussie soil.

I am from the Sunshine Coast Queensland.  I am very fortunate to have been posted so close to home for the past 5 years as I absolutely love the coast and find myself at the beach most weekends.

When I return home I will be moving as I start my new posting thee next year.  I am excited to post to a new regiment and enjoy all of the new experiences has to offer.  I am very excited to explore WA as I am a keen hiker and am always eager for a new adventure and Perth is absolutely beautiful.

Once again, thank you Cath, I am so appreciate.
It is such a joy watching everyone receive their quilts and washing bags so eagerly.  It is the highlight of everyone’s weeks here as it brings so much excitement into our trip.
Your hard work and effort does not go unnoticed.


Kind regards,
......

Dear Sue,
Thank you so much for my time and effort making my hero quilt. It's beautiful. Love the colours, the patterns and the quilting you chose. We need more people in the world like you!
Thank you. 
.....

Til next time... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

1 comment: