Tuesday 17 September 2019

Grati-Tuesday 17 September 19

G'day everyone... well what a funny Spring this is... warm and lovely yesterday and Canberra in particular waking up to snow... lots of strong winds and rain here in Sydney. Hope some of the rain is falling where it is needed. 

One thing is for sure, a snuggly quilt would be pretty welcome right now.. just like they are in the Middle East and wherever else our sailors, soldiers, airmen and women are serviing. 

Enjoy these messages. 

.....

Hi Jan-Maree,

You and Deanna have outdone yourselves! I received my Aussie Quilt this week, well ahead of my redeployment date, and it exceeds my expectations.

It includes not just some but all of my suggested themes.   AWESOME! All here agree its one of the best quilts they've ever seen.

I've attached a photo of it on my bed, where it will now reside.  Although I'm thinking my 4 year old son might also like it on his bed to remind him of Dad,

Thanks again and keep up the great work, cheers


.....

Dear Anna,

I am writing this letter to say thank you for my Captain Picard Aussie Hero Quilt.

It really is a thing of beauty, the details, the colours, the quality, it is so much more than I expected. Thank you so much for taking the time to create such a wonderful thing. Your selflessness and kindness is truly heart warming.

Thank you as well for your letter, it is so refreshing to receive something like that over here, being away from civilisation and home and having something to bring me back to reality and think about Australia and the great people back there.

It’s great that you like Picard as well! I agree he is the best, I even copy some of his mannerisms with my soldiers and they think it’s hilarious. I can’t wait for the new Picard series, it also includes Data and Seven of Nine which will be amazing.

I’m 31 years old, have been in the Army for 4 years.  This is my first tour overseas. I grew up in the UK and moved to Australia when I was 18.  I lived in Sydney mostly but travelled round a lot before joining up and posting to Brisbane. I have a fiancĂ©e who lives in Canberra, thankfully I am posting to Canberra next year so we can be together as we have been long distance for nearly 2 years.  I like to watch sci-fi and play games, I’m also a musician and play guitar and drums (self taught) as well as produce electronic music and turntablism.

Again, thank you so much for such a beautiful quilt, my amazing laundry bag and all the goodies you sent, especially the letter. You really did make my day and the back end of my tour more bearable.

Yours,
......

Hi Caroline,

I’m writing to thank you for the amazing Laundry Bag sent to me through my chain of command, I sincerely apologise for not thanking you earlier, I actually only noticed your letter when I was doing some cleaning up yesterday, it was held within the envelope (somehow stored in a cupboard – don’t ask me why) that was sent to me with the original packaging and I had not noticed it beforehand, what’s amazing is the fact that I found your letter exactly 12 months after you had originally wrote it  - dated 12 Sep 2018.

I love the apples, they are one of my favourite fruits and my BIG RED ‘MM’ initials just top it off. In my job, I support wounded, Injured and ill members with complexities surrounding their rehabilitation, separation from service and sadly at times, through the final stages of their life. Often, I will offer to help my members return their items clothing back to our clothing store, I like to wash these items before I return them and I love to use your laundry bag in this process, I feel this is a way to stay spiritually connected with what I do and it also honours the great work you have done in supporting me to support these members – one day when I retire, I will exclusively use my laundry bag at home (my wife will contest the fact that I even do the laundry – Ha Ha) to remind me of the great times in Defence and support of wonderful people like you !

I can’t thank you enough for all your hard work and the love placed in making this laundry bag, I will use it as intended and remember all the great work that you and all the people at ‘Aussie Hero Guilt’s’ do support of me, my fellow serviceman and our families.


Thank you from the bottom of my heart and god bless.
.....

Hi Ruth.

I just received the bag today, it is great. 
I am married, and have two young children. I was born in New Zealand and served in their Army prior to transferring to the Australian Army. 
We are now half way through our deployment.

Thank you again for all of your work in making this bag. I have sent a photo to my family, my wife loves it too.   The Tim Tams went down a treat with my work mates.
Thank you again, this is really a fantastic bag.

Regards.

.....

Dear June,
I am a Combat Engineer in the Australian Army Reserve and am based in Sydney. I am in the fifth month of a six month deployment in the Northern half of Australia, involved in boarder security.

Today I received a beautiful laundry bag made by you. It features all the flowers of the (English) countryside, including the poppy which holds considerable significance to the Australian Army, and the cornflower which is one of my favourite European flowers. It also has iconic images of Cornwall, a region I have never seen but hope to one day. It is a truly thoughtful, useful and attractive gift. It is almost too lovely to use.

Thank you. Your gift is gratefully received and means more than you know.
Kindest regards,
......

Hi June,
My name is Kevin Allen and i am in the Australian Army. I'm just writing to say that I was lucky enough to end up with one of your laundry bags and I love it. One side is Gallahs and the other is Hanging Rock.

It's very Australian and I especially like the Gallahs. Id like to thank you for it and all the work you do to bring a smile to our faces when we receive them. Thankyou again. 
.......

Hi Ruth,
I just received the bag today, it is great.
I am married and have two young children. I was born in New Zealand and served in their Army prior to transferring to the Australian Army.
We are now half way through our deployment and should be back home in time for Christmas.
Thank you again for all your work in making this bag. I have sent a photo to my family, my wife loves it too.
The Tim Tams went down a treat with my workmates.
Thank you again, this is a really fantastic bag.

Regards,
.....

Till next time... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx


No comments:

Post a Comment