Sunday 7 July 2019

Aussie Hero Quilts - Requests List 8 July 19


Hi all,

I am putting the list out early tonight because I am leaving home at ridiculous o'clock tomorrow to fly to Melbourne for a very quick overnight trip.  Thanks to Gail who is going to look after the Request Emails for me tomorrow.  I am so grateful for her help. 


Please, please, please read this preamble each week as the info does change. I am receiving a lot of questions from people who have not read this info so you would make it easier for me too if you took a few minutes to read it.

We have a relatively small list this week but have no fear more requests coming soon. We are just in the middle of a change over period which means that one group is coming home and another group is taking over from them.

Best news ever… no priority quilts or bags this week.  YAY!!


The post by date for ALL other items on this list is 12 August please.  

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste, please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicates the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do, I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. i.e. one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces, then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

There are a few requests that would like the HQJTF crest or the FSE badge on them.  I can send these to you to incorporate.





Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Afghanistan flag – I can send you one.

Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, RAEME and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique, I may be able to get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.  Just let me know what words you want, what colour fabric and what colour thread… keep it simple please.   Also include your address in the email to save me time please.

I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers
Jan-Maree



Wynnum Manly Seagulls. Red, white and green.   Thank you, very much appreciated          
M
LB
1
St George Illawarra Dragons NRL team,
F
LB
1
Transformers – especially the BumbleBee Movie
Batman
The DC Teen Titans
The Avengers
M
LB
1
 Poppy/ Kookaburra/ Gum Tree Theme
F
LB
1
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs emblem/themed. Blue and white colours.
M
LB
1
West Coast Eagles colours (royal blue and gold), with Eagle in Centre if possible and FSE Logo (I can print and send the logo to you to piece in)   bottom Right corner.
M
Q
2
QLD - State of Origin (maroon and white) FSE logo (I can print and send the logo to you to piece in) in corner
F
Q
3
Army themed, perhaps the Rising Sun, silhouette of a soldier, cam colours  etc
OR
based on video games
M
Q
4
Starry sky quilt with the Silver Surfer
Thank you very much for the hard work!
M
Q
5
I am a fan of Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and Dragon Ball Z just to give you an idea of some favourites.
M
B
6
Anything guitar related, preferably something to do with Fender Stratocaster. Thank you for the amazing work it's really appreciated.
M
Q
7
The blue and white of the United Nations flag in a nine patch checker board style quilt please with the UN badge in a bottom corner or thereabouts please
F
Q
8
Star Wars and wrestling
M
B
9
Blue.  RAAF Roundel, C130 and C-17 silhouette and something to remind me of the desert such as camels.  "OP ACCORDION 2019"
M
Q
10
Road Bicycles, Brisbane Broncos, Beaches
M
Q
11
UAE and Australia flags (UAE flag is easy to piece)
M
Q
12
RAAF Roundel, Black, gold, grey - Two black and fawn dobermans,  grey and white maine coon cat, female archer (e.g, Ashe from League of Legends or Diana goddess of the hunt)
F
B
13
Australian Flag, Medical Corps Symbol (I will print and send to you. )
F
Q
14
Monopoly Game, Rainforests, blue and green cool colours
F
Q
15
Richmond Tigers yellow and black  with Taji, Iraq, 2019 written down the bottom in white.
M
Q
16
Nature, exercise, reading, movies, music, Blue or Yellow
M
Q
17
Union Jack Quilt
M
Q
18
Australian Flag, Iraq flag (I can send you the centre panel and you just need to add the back and red strips top and bottom), Medical Corps Symbol (I will print and send to you. )
M
Q
19
AFL, Rugby, Shooting, Camping.  Green/Blue.
M
B
20
Snowy Mountains, Navy Blue,  with Text "NAME TGT IX Iraq 2019"
F
Q
21
Swing dancing, TGT IX Iraq 2019
F
B
22
Cars, Harry Potter and Avatar: The Last Airbender, if possible with my surname on there.
M
B
23
Wynnum Manly Seagulls rugby league team, red white and green
M
Q
24
1 Large Joint Task Force 633 unit patch with the kangaroo (See preamble for a picture of the patch), plus my deployment dates. I'd love a border of dollar signs or poppies.
F
Q
25
Tree of Life in the centre and SURNAME  above the tree and my kids names below the tree Preferred colours are red, teal and pink but happy with lots of colour.
M
Q
26
QLD Maroons - maroon and white
M
Q
27
 St George Dragons (red and white) NSW Blues *sky blue and royal blue)
M
Q
28
Richmond Tigers (yellow and black), St George Dragons (red and white), Cricket Australia
M
Q
29
Brisbane Heat (teal and black) , Nth Qld Cowboys (Yellow, Royal blue and white), Geelong Cats (Navy and white).
M
Q
30
St George Illawarra Dragons NRL team,
F
Q
31


No comments:

Post a Comment