Monday 20 May 2019

Aussie Hero Quilts - Requests 20 May 19


Hi all,

Please, please, please read this preamble each week as the info does change. I am receiving a lot of questions from people who have not read this info so you would make it easier for me too if you took a few minutes to read it.

Townsville Laundry Bags….we did it……..

Great job everyone. If you still have some bags for Townsville not yet posted can you please let me know.  Just want to make sure I am up to date.   Thank you for a great job.

Priority Quilts….

Two weeks in a row without Priority Quilts?? Unheard of! LOL This week we have numbers 2-5 inclusive that have to be in the mail no later than 1 July. If you can help please email me.

The post by date for ALL items on this list is 27 JUNE please.  

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste, please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicates the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do, I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. i.e. one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces, then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Afghanistan flag – I can send you one.

Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, RAEME and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique, I may be able to get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.  Just let me know what words you want, what colour fabric and what colour thread… keep it simple please.   Also include your address in the email to save me time please.

I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Oh and if you wonder how much our laundry bags are appreciated... check this message out that I received today....

Packing for another trip..... got the most important thing



Cheers
Jan-Maree

flowers, especially proteas and peonies. I prefer softer colours.
F
LB
1
OUTDOORS - Mountains / Forests / Rivers with a Wolf/Stag/Moose and Bear  "OP SLIPPER 2012, OP HIGHROAD 2019"
M
LB
1
Vikings
M
LB
1
The following is what she wants for her quilt but you will have to pare it down for the laundry bag.
Poppies/ Military Theme/ Sun Rise/Sunset Theme with Australia Flag and Medical (Red Cross). Could I please have a patch of “EAOU-5 Medical 2019” and "MEDIC" written somewhere on it please.
F
LB
1
could I please request a laundry bag with the minions and "OP Accordion 2019"and my first name please.  Aquamarine
F
LB
1
Black and white, map of Australia, silhouette of KC-30 if you can (I can send you the silhouette to work from)
F
LB
1
Patchwork quilt with green border with coordinating LB please
M
B
2
I am a NQ Cowboys Supporter, and would love the colours yellow and blue on the quilt. I also love rugby league so anything to do with football would be a great theme for my quilt.  Can I also request for the Australian Flag and the FSE Kangaroo Logo please
F
B
3
I love pugs and giraffes. Colours I would like multiple bright colours on the quilt. Have fun with the design, and include anything you wish to add. Thank you so much
F
B
4
blue with airplanes please. If possible, but totally understand if not is there anyway to include 2019, XXXXX (details avle to quilter)  and and the RAAF crest (I can send you one to piece in).
M
B
5
avid boxer, West Coast Eagles fan, and favourite colour is maroon.  'Task Group Taji 8' and a Royal Artillery Corps/1st Field Artillery Regiment badge
M
B
6
Animal Theme
M
Q
7
Maroon/White, QLD State of Origin
M
Q
8
Boxing Kangaroo, Aussie Flag  colour Blue. With nickname on it.
M
Q
9
Nickname on the Quilt, Woodland creatures
M
B
10
Boxing Kangaroo, Aussie Flag  Blue. With nickname on it.
M
Q
10
Chihuahuas and Pommeranians
M
Q
11
Australian Flag / Military Theme
M
Q
12
Army theme, poppies, vehicles (I can give you silhouettes to use) Rising Sun (I can send you a crest to piece in)
M
Q
13
Marvel - Avengers or Iron Man Theme
M
Q
14
Northern Territory Theme
M
Q
15
mythical creature theme - ie dragons, goblins etc
M
B
16
St George Illawarra Dragons NRL team,
M
B
17
Golds / Dark red colours please.
F
B
18
Army theme, military vehicles such as bushmasters, tanks and G-wagons.  Would like a first name on it please.
M
B
19
Aussie/UN flag
M
B
20
Would like an AuSsie Flag  and the following smaler flags: New Zealand, USA, British, Italian,Dutch and UAE. The background colours of your choice. Thank you
M
B
21
Blue patchwork, Chicken Nuggets, Dumbells, Anything food
M
Q
22
Australia, Army (I can send you a Rising Sun), Strong females i.e GI Jane, Wonder Woman etc
F
Q
23
Pina Coladas/Cocktails, beach theme
M
B
24
Desert sands, the snow capped peaks of Afghanistan and red poppies?
M
Q
24
Australian theme, my 2 rescue dogs (Kelpie and Papillion x chihuahua), bright colours.
F
B
25
Captain Picard from Star Trek saying "Engage"
M
B
26
Pugs
M
Q
27
 VB design
M
B
28
wolf fighting a tiger
M
B
29
kangaroos
M
Q
30
puppies, rainbows and unicorns
M
Q
31
Husky and a Malamute (dog)
M
B
32
Dragon Ball Z
M
Q
33
Eric Bana in The castle, the kickboxing scene with "keep it still trace" at the bottom
M
B
34
Dragon Ball Z (Goku and trunks Super sayain)
M
B
35
Dragon Ball Z (Trunks and Vegeta Super Sayain) with the name Leo
M
B
36
Blue, Motor-cross and Lego
M
Q
37
chihuahuas and tacos
M
B
38
Surfing
M
Q
39
Melbourne Storm
M
B
40
Tigers (the animal)
M
Q
41
Emu Bitter (beer) and kangaroos
M
Q
42
VB
M
B
43
West Tigers colours (NRL), FSE Logo (effectively a boxing kangaroo in a circle)
M
Q
44
QLD - State of Origin, FSE logo (effectively a boxing kangaroo in a circle)  in a corner.
F
Q
45
World/National Flags, FSE Logo(basically a boxing kangaroo in a circle -I can send you a photo)
M
Q
46
Marvel Theme
M
Q
47
Dark maroon/red and sandy yellow theme with a Dingo/Wolf paw in a corner
M
Q
48
Australian Flag, EOD, Bombs
M
Q
49
Holden cars in “boy colour”
M
Q
50
Australian native and tropical plants, eucalyptus trees, wombats. I love lots of colour especially blues and greens, I don’t really like red and brown.
F
Q
51
Sugar Skulls, 'Day of the Dead'
F
Q
52
LA Lakers Basketball with a number 24 on it please
M
B
53
Marvel - Captain America theme please
M
Q
54
Earthy Red/Yellow/Orange of the rising sun over the Deep Greens and Blues of (triangle shape) mountain ranges –  high alpine climbing.   “EAOU-5 Medical 2019” and possibly the Rod of Aesculapius (simple rod with one snake) a red cross and red crescent.Very much appreciated, thank you.
F
B
55
"Miami Heat" - NBA Basketball
M
Q
56

Scuba diving theme - if possible to include sharks, turtles and maybe a ship wreck
M
Q
58
Floral and Pastel patch work (light pink, turqoise, light yellow, white, apricot, violet) and Doberman Dog (not with pinned ears)
F
Q
59
Florals, Pink and purple colours, white and brown tabby cat and Groodle and my initials. Laundry Bag to match
F
B
60
Golden Labrador with the name "Odie" White Golden Retreiver with the name "Lola" and Beach colours
F
Q
61
Star Wars
M
B
62
Brisbane Roar FC (Soccer) (Orange and black)
M
B
63
West Coast Eagles colours (AFL), with Eagle in Centre and FSE Logo (effectively a boxing kangaroo in a circle)   bottom Right corner. Laundry bag the same please.
M
Q
64
Canberra, RAAF Crest and ANZAC Poppies. Bright colours please
F
B
65

No comments:

Post a Comment