Tuesday 29 January 2019

A message from a wife....


This loving wife requested a quilt for her husband as a surprise. I have just sent her a photo of the completed quilt, made by Pennie, and told her that it is on its way. 
This was her response, published with her permission

.... 

Oh, Jan-Maree!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is such a wonderful thing you and your team are doing. You have no idea how much this will mean to my husband when he receives it & therefore me, to see a smile on his face. This trip has been harder than his first and he's really struggling. Thank you so so much. And please pass on my thanks to the lovely sewer that put their time and effort into this. xx
....

Never underestimate the value of what we do. Like the ripples in a lake, it is not only the deployed member who is touched by our gifts but also their loved ones, the colleagues around them and so on. 

Keep stitching everyone. You are making a difference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment