Wednesday 21 November 2018

Quilts for the IAMG

In addition to making the quilts for the Australian Invictus Games Team and their support and management staff we were also especially asked to make quilts and laundry bags to thank the Board of the IAMG (the company responsible for putting on the Games in Australia) and their CEO as a thank you for their efforts on behalf of the troops.  Without their hard work the Games would not have got off the ground and all of the board members were volunteers. 

I am sorry it has taken me so long to share these photos but first I had to wait til the quilts were presented and then I needed to wait til I received the photos and finally... I had to wait til I had a spare moment to put up the post... sorry it is so late....

So here are the photos of the Board and the CEO being presented with their quilts and laundry bags at a special function the day after the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games. I am told that, without exception, all the quilts and laundry bags were very well received and everyone was blown away with them. 

The name of the volunteer who made the quilt or the laundry bag is below the photo as usual. 

 Lynn and the Mystery Quilt Group and quilted by Wendy 

 Arthur

 Lynn and the Mystery Quilt Group and quilted by Wendy 
 Di R and Dot

 Lynn and the Mystery Quilt Group and quilted by Wendy 

 Jan-Maree 

 Su J

 Su J

 Yikes, I accidentally did not save the letter that went with this quilt so to my shame, I have no record who made it... help... 

 WPH ladies

 Melissa L 

 Melissa L 

 Shirely W

 Shirley W

 Nicole W

 Nicole W

 Keryn M 

 Di T

 Di T 

 Lynn and the Mystery Group quilted by Wendy

 Di R and Dot 

 Bev U

 Marcelle 

 Gail 

 Lynn and the Mystery Quilt Group quilted by Wendy 


 Di R and Dot 

Sandra R 

Till next time... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment