Sunday 4 November 2018

Aussie Hero Quilt and Laundry Bags Requests .......


Hi all

For those who attended the Annual Thank You Dinner Weekend….

Please please can you help me out and send me photos from Friday night and also please could you write your impressions of the weekend. I am really tired and have to hit the road tomorrow, then again on Tuesday (to return quilt frames) and on Wednesday and then have a sewing day Thursday at home, one in Penrith on Saturday and then up to Branxton (Hunter Valley area) Sunday for a Remembrance Service. I’d love you to share your weekend experience via email so that I can share it with everyone on the blog.  Please send pictures and impressions to me via email.. friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

Please, please, please read this preamble each week as the info does change. I am receiving a lot of questions from people who have not read this info so you would make it easier for me too if you took a few minutes to read it.

Priority Quilts

Requests number 2-8 are our priority/urgent quilts this week.. They need to be in the mail no later than end of November.  Please give some though to whether or not you can help out with them.

Post by Date for all other quilts and laundry bags

The post by date for ALL other items on this list is 10 December please.  

NOTE- any requests on this list would be great for display at the dinner if you are coming…

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

 PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicated the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Afghanistan flag – I can send you one.
Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, RAEME and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.
If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I may be able to get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.  Just let me know what words you want, what colour fabric and what colour thread… keep it simple please.   Also include your address in the email to save me time please.
I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.
Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Jan-Maree


Random laundry bags with a nautical theme… more details available to the volunteers
M
LB
1
1 box of random bags post by 9 Nov 
M
LB
1
WW2 Fighter/Bomber aircraft + Pin up girl nose art
M
LB
1
Anything to do with dumplings
M
LB
1
 Black and white boxing kangaroo, with pink camo background
M
LB
1
Fonzy From Happy Days
M
LB
1
Marvel Cinimatic Universe Related please.
M
LB
1
Random
M
LB
1
Bright African colours, large Southern Cross, Australian Flag, South Sudanese Flag, United Nations emblem, Royal Australian Engineer emblem, Red poppies (Remembrance Day).  NOT MUCH TIME FOR THIS ONE… CHECK WITH JM BEFORE POSTING.
M
B
2
The "A Team" Ziggy from quantam leap

B
3
"PAPA KING" The Samoan flag (EASY TO PIECE AND APPLIQUE)

B
4
Chicago Bulls Logo

B
5
Cleveland Cavaliers

B
7
ANZAC tribute theme

B
8
Map of world (love to travel!), UN logo
F
B
9
Flags of Australia, UN/UNMISS, South Sudan and the Rising Sun
M
B
10
Gymnastics, Rubgy and Ninja Warrior
M
B
11
Nature, No7, Beach, Waterfalls, Anzac Theme, Aus Theme, skippy Badge, Name and deployment details.. I can have these embroidered
M
B
12
a Big Boxing kangaroo one please! Australian flag blue background with a Southern Cross
M
B
13
Harley Davidson/Anzac Theme, Poppies,  Skippy badge, Aus/Iraq Flag, QRF,Name and deployment details.. I can have these embroidered
M
Q
14
ANZAC Theme, Poppies, AUS flag, NZ Flag and Iraq flag. Would like his personal details on his quilt and bag. I can have the details embroidered.
Would like RAOOC Colours, royal blue and red, and the RAOOC Badge. I can send you the badge.
M
B
15
Afghanistan, TAAC- Air Patch (can be printed on fabric and sent to you)
M
Q
16
Middle East Operations, War Planes
M
B
17
remembrance theme e.g. -  ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day with a modern twist of Afghanistan and Iraq.
M
B
18
Would love photos of his family included on his quilt.. I can print them on fabric for you.
M
B
20
St George Dragons Quilt/ Blue and white laundry bag
M
Q
21
Manchester United, Phoenix Suns, FC Bayern Munich, Brisbane Roar, New York Giants,
M
B
22
NRL Gold Coast Titans,Cars,Colours Blue/Green/Orange/Black(any colour reallly)  nickname is TONKA (like the toy truck)
M
Q
23
I own and love my Triumph Street Triple motorcycle. An Australian Multi-camouflage pattern either the Street triple or the Triumph logo with "TCG-7 QARGHA" underneath it will be greater cherished.
M
B
24
requested a TAAC-Air crest (I can print this for you) , Aussie Flag and Afghan flag ( can send you a flag)  colours preferred light blue or dark green
F
B
25
Picture of someone doing aerobics with set of dumbells and wearing a sweat bands - FPE 10 (Aug 18 - Mar 19) HKIA
M
B
26
RAEME (Blue, Yellow, Red  in that order) , Military
M
Q
27
I'm very much missing my two dogs - they are Rhodesian Ridgebacks (lion hunting dogs from Africa) and they are like my kids! So maybe a dog theme? Photo of dogs available which I can print on fabric
F
Q
28
He said he loves the cammo designs, and the poppies. Other than that, I'd suggest a rising sun, or one of the engineer emblems like the "lazy E"
M
B
29
North Queensland cowboys, favourite colour is blue, green and gold skippy, or some sort of indigenous pattern. I would be truly grateful with whatever the quilters come up with.
M
B
30
Could I please order my quilt with either a QLD State of Origin theme or Brisbane Broncos theme.
M
Q
31
Disney’s Hercules movie as the theme (perhaps Hercules and Meg together as I am married?)
M
Q
32
Green Bay Packers (NFL)
M
LB
33
Canberra Raiders Colours, Majority Green, Blue, Yellow, white

B
34
Outdoors, Adventure (rock climbing, scuba diving, mountian biking, motorbiking, 4wd, camping) German sheperd, Rising Sun, ANZAC

B
35
Australian bush, ANZAC tribute and coastal theme

B
36
ANZAC tribute theme,  with daughters name

Q
37
Infantry badge, ANZAC TRIBUTE

B
38
 (members surname)  Fijian themed

B
39
ANZAC theme Skippy badge

B
40
4x4 theme with Skippy badge

B
41
Sherlock Holmes, Greek philosophy,Leonardo Da Vinci

B
42
ANZAC tribute, Infantry rising sun

B
43
Harley Davidson

B
44
Infantry badge, ''skippy badge" ANZAC theme

B
45
Collingwood Football Club theme

B
46
Toyota 4WD themed

B
47
Collingwood Football Club theme

B
48
Skippy badge ANZAC Theme

B
49
Grey/Black, Brisbane Lions (AFL), West End Draught
M
Q
50
West Coast Eagles - AFL
M
B
51
Blue, White and Purple, Rugby league, Baseball
M
B
52
Yellows, Frangipanis (floral), Avengers, Hercules (disney), Shrek, Finding Nemo
F
B
53
Ronnie Coleman, Arnold Schwarzenegger (light weight baby written on bottom)
M
B
54
Unicorn, Dump Truck, Video Games (favourite things from each of my kids) bright colours/shape/patterns
M
B
55
NRL-New South Wales Blues, V8 Supercars
M
B
56
Lime green, hot pink, bright orange and yellow. Chocolate/gym/beach
F
B
57
God of thunder theme (Thor - The Avengers)
M
B
58
Snyman family crest, African big five
M
B
59
beachy, blue themed, seaside stuff, "I set my sails."
F
B
60




No comments:

Post a Comment