Tuesday 23 October 2018

Grati-Tuesday 23 october


Hi All

Some great messages tonight but before you check them out... if you haven't bought your ticket for the Annual Thank You Dinner then your time is running out... 
Grab your tickets here...

and then you can sit back and have a good read.
.....

Dear Noelene, 

I’m a Leading Seamen in the RAN, I have been a serving member for 15 years and I am currently serving in HMAS Success as a Maritime Logistics Support Sailor. My role onboard the ship for the last two years has been to support and assist the Commanding Officer. 

I am writing to thank you so very much for the time you take to assist Aussie Hero Quilts and I am one of the very grateful recipients of a Laundry Bag made by you. I really love the Sailor/ Australiana theme and I can tell a lot of care has gone into making it. 

I also appreciate you sharing with me a bit about your family history and how they too were serving members. 

Thank you again and below I’ve included a picture of me with my new Laundry Bag.   


Kind regards, 



....



Hi Bev,

I recently received my quilt and I would like to thank you so much for the time and care that you put into its creation, this quilt will be going to my wife who is also a member of the ADF. I have already been deployed here a few time before on 6 month tours but we're half way through a 4 month tour this time and looking forward to returning home in time for Christmas. 
Once again thank you,

.....

Hello to the awesome Aussie Hero Quilt team. I wanted to say a very big thank you to all the volunteers that spend their spare time putting so much effort and thought into these beautiful creations.
I am a very blessed recipient of the most gorgeous quilt. My quilt was completed by the Coffs team and had not only effort, but thought, put into it, and had a very personal touch. I am truly humbled by it, and by my friend who thought to put me in for one. This quilt will become a family Heirloom that I am sure my sons will argue over when the time comes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
.....

Dear Bridget,

I'm writing to you now as I have returned home from my overseas trip, I'd initially like to apologize for how long it has taken me to reply. The beautiful wests tigers teddy now happily rests between my partner and I and is a constant memory of the generosity of you and your family (ps our kitten peanut loves him) I just wanted to thank you for writing to me it meant as much if not more than the impeccable sewing whilst I was over there moving between countries. The quilt was used more by my roomate in the end because he kept sooking about how cold the aircon was! so it came in good use! So thank you very much the quilts and letters mean a lot to us and now I have 2 mementos that I will cherish forever.

Regards,
.....


Hi Anna,


I just wanted to email to thank you for the beautiful quilt you sewed. It actually came as a complete surprise because one of my guys sent the request without telling me - a very nice parcel to get without expecting it! 

It was lovely to read your letter and get an appreciation for the love and care that you put into your craft. I also greatly appreciate the food you threw in and immediately shared the Tim Tams with the team. We work with people from various nations and the one commonality you can always rely on is that everyone loves a Tim Tam! I think I'll be keeping the coffee for myself though.

Your quilt arrived with plenty of time for me to get some good use from it over here before heading. I have had a really rewarding trip (my first one) so far but, yes, I cannot wait to get home. Like you, we also have a cat (Freddy) who is easily frustrated by our dog but he is more than capable of standing up for himself! *Note: Neither of them will be permitted to use this quilt. 

Anyway, I've got to head off to a meeting now! Thanks again for the quilt.

Sincerely,

......

Dear Ellen,
                                You wouldn’t believe the trip your quilt must have been on, nor the excitement I experienced in receiving it. 

Firstly let me thank you not only for the wonderful quilt (Aussie theme black white and greys with AU flag, Capt Cook and Aircraft) you have made for me, but all the quilts you may have made and may make in the future for service personnel. The AHQ is a wonderful organisation of volunteers making personnel feel appreciated and closer to home with your gifts.

I have completed 29 years regular service in the RAAF, and was promoted to WOFF during my recent deployment, which ended early due the the withdrawal of our fighter aircraft. This was my second deployment to the middle east.

I am only the second family member in the ADF, my grandfather (RIP) was a CPL Fitter 2E (Engines) on Catalinas and other trainers in WWII. 

Thanks you for your well wishes for a safe deployment and return and I love my quilt and really appreciate what you and all other AHQ quilters and laundry bag makers do for service personnel.
..... 

Dear Jean,

Thanks so much for the fantastic laundry bag! I was not expecting one, but when it came I was wonderfully surprised. You managed to include some of my favourite sports, and I remain a tragic and frustrated Waratahs fan. Thank you as well for the lovely letter and your kind thoughts from home.

Things are going well on our trip, we have a great team of people, and we have wonderful support from people like you at home.

Kind regards,
.....

Dear Sue,
Thank you so much for the amazing gifts. I absolutely love my 'bear' themed laundry bag and quilt. The quilt looks so good on my bed over here in Taji.  I will treasure them always.

I can't thank you enough for all of the effort you put into my bear laundry bag and quilt. They are beautiful. Also, all the kindness, generosity and thoughtfulness of all the other goodies you packed into my parcels. I am very grateful. Both you and your friends interpreted my bear theme to perfection. I can't stop looking at them and showing everyone around the office. You have a wonderful gift and we appreciate you and your friends being able to share your gifts and passion with us over here in Iraq. 
Thanks again for the gifts you and your friends have given me. They will always be treasured mementos of the trip and bring such a boost of morale every time I look at them.
.....

Dear Rhonda

I am writing to pass on my sincere thanks for the laundry bag you made in support of Aussie Hero Quilts for gifting to ADF personnel.

I am the recipient of the laundry bag you made – complete with RAN crest and colourful boats – couldn’t have been more perfect for me!

You might be aware Jan-Maree handed well over 1,000 laundry bags to HMAS Adelaide last week and I was lucky enough to get yours.

I can attest that my ship’s company are extremely grateful for the work of people like you who support us at sea.


Once again, thank you for your support and best wishes for the future.
.....

Till next time... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

No comments:

Post a Comment