Tuesday 4 September 2018

Grati-Tuesday 4 Sep 18

Good afternoon all.

May the force be with you.... well at least with all our Aussie Storm Troopers....

Check out this week's gratitude messages.

.....

Hello Anne,

Thank you sooo much for sending me the laundry bag you made. As soon as the Padre saw it he thought of me. I am a big Starwars fan. I have my own Stormtrooper outfit.  I have only used the helmet in the photo because the rest of the armour is quite difficult to put on. Sorry.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. Every time I thought of writing to you I was not near a computer.

Thanks again for the bag. It is fantastic.



.....

Dear Kristy L

I want to say thank you so much for the beautiful quilt you made. You are so talented - the colours, the stitching and pattern are so clever and lovely. I really love the details like the little bee in the tree, and it is just like the colours of the changing seasons that I enjoy so much! It brightened up my room and will be treasured as a memory of what has been a very enjoyable and productive deployment.

I have shown the quilt to so many people here, and we are all overwhelmed by the generosity of time and spirit of the Aussie Hero Quilt ladies and gentlemen.  Don't ever underestimate the value of what you do. I understand that as a busy mother there are many demands on your time, and your choice to spend some of your time making these beautiful quilts is what makes them so special.
.....

Dear Sue,

Thanking you for your thoughtful quilt and bag ; the days are great here and this is my 3rd trip OS and I hope there are many more to come in my career.

God bless to you and your family.
 
.....

Dearest Sue,
Thank you so much for the wonderful quilt. I can't fully express how happy and grateful I was to receive mine after I had returned to Australia, it meant a lot to me to know that there are such wonderful people who look after us, as I was adjusting to life back home. It really does make our service worthwhile and I cannot thank you enough for your own thoughtful service. I am hoping to attend the annual dinner this year. I hope you will be there so I can thank you in person.
Kindest Regards 
.....


Hello Anne H

Wonderful job with the laundry bag.  Very well done. Thanks for the Tim Tams as well!  The quilt has not yet arrived. 

Look forward to the quilt!  Thanks for all of your time and effort! 


Cheers,
......

Dear Bridget,

On behalf of my team and I, we sincerely appreciate the effort and thoughts that go into sending home made quilts and laundry bags to us while we are deployed.

This is my fifth deployment. Without fail, each and every time a parcel or gift such as yours arrives from a stranger back home, it fills me with absolute pride that someone other than our families knows we are away.

I am a father to three beautiful kids who are waiting at home. They miss me while I am away (I hope) and I absolutely miss them. I feel I am doing something worth while though and contributing to the world being a better place, even if its only a small influence.

I am especially grateful for the time you invested in making the bag and also your kind words and thoughts (and treats).

Please take care, enjoy your day and know that you are absolutely appreciated.

Kind Regards,
 
.....

Hi Pennie

I would like to start with a massive thank you for my quilt, its amazing. I had been away for 2 weeks on my leave and have now been back just over a week, it was an instant moral lifter after having post leave blues due to returning back to XXXX.

I have sent pictures of my quilt back to all the family, the mother-in-law is a keen sewer and has said what a great cause and idea Aussie Heroes is, and I have to agree. Seeing peoples faces when the Laundry Bags and Quilts arrive is like gold dust, its even better when you see the reaction of the Iraq laundry service personnel with big rufty tufty soldiers with multi coloured and floral laundry bags.

Once again thank you for my quilt, I love it and it will keep me smiling until the end of my tour.

PS the chocolates and shapes went down a treat I don't think they touched the sides.

Regards
 
.....

Dearest Jenny, 
I just wanted to say thanks for the truely unique Seinfeld laundry bag, it's great. I received it a week or so ago but just noticed the stitching on the inside with your details. You did a fantastic job. Thank you. 
......


 Hello Ellen,

                   Firstly, thank you so much for generously making my quilt; I absolutely love it!  It was so beautifully made and has made my sterile room feel that little bit more ‘homely’.  It was very kind of you to take the time out to do that and I know that not only me, but the other ADF members, are extremely grateful for your efforts, and the efforts of the other Aussie Hero Quilt Members and all that you do. I have attached a photo for you so you can see how much of a difference it will make to my room.
This is my second deployment with the ADF, but it has been a long time since my last deployment to Iraq in 2008, and it is all a very new and different experience for me.
Thank you for your kind words in relation to my Service, it is very humbling and at times, I don’t feel worthy of the recognition as I love what I do and know that while we do sacrifice at some level, the hardships do not compare to many of those who have gone before us.  If possible, please pass on my gratitude to those members that you can, as a modern day member of the Army, it is an honour to walk in their footsteps – you must be very proud of them all.
Well, I must be going, again, thank you so much for your time and effort with my quilt, I truly love it.
Take care and best wishes to you and your family
Warmest Regards
....

Sandy,

This email is to thank all of the quilt team, you, Keryn, Marilyn & Mary for making my wonderful gift.

I am currently serving in the Middle East and received your parcel last week.

It was a lovely surprise, looks really great and is something very special for me to take back home from my deployment. I particularly loved the Coat of Arms & Ode of Remembrance set over the background of poppies, and appreciate very much the work put into making it.

I also love the fact it was made in Coffs Harbour, a beautiful place that my family and I love visiting and have spent many family holidays there.

Thanks again,

.....

Ann,

This email is to thank you for making my wonderful gift. I am currently serving in the Middle East and received your parcel last week.

It was a lovely surprise and something very special for me to take back home from my deployment. I  very much appreciate the work put into making it and it looks great.

As a serviceman, please pass my regards to your father who you mentioned in your letter. I also have great respect for all those who served in the wars and the sacrifices they made.

......



Thank you so much for all you do for us folks deployed we truly appreciate your contribution. I’m a corporal crew attendant in the Air Force. I’m currently posted to the Middle East for 2 months which is pretty lucky compared to most who do a longer stint. The laundry bag and goodies really brightened my day.  It was so lovely for you to take the time to sew me a laundry bag and read your lovely letter it was very humbling, I truly love the laundry bag and I’m so grateful for your time and effort. 
.....

Till next time..... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

1 comment: