Monday 30 July 2018

Aussie Hero Quilts - Requests 30 Jul 18


Hi all

FLAGS

Please note.. there are a few requests that include flags.. some of them are simple flags to piece. Some need to be printed and I can do that for you and finally, if you have a request that required the Iraq flag I have had the centre of the flag printed and all you need to do is add the red and black strips to the flag.  That makes it simple.

Priority Quilts

Quilt numbers 3A to 3I must be in the mail no later than 27th of August.   This is the post by date for all requests but there is no leeway with these

Post by Date for all other quilts and laundry bags

The post by date for ALL items on this list is 3 September please. 

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

 PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as above…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicated the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Afghanistan flag – I can send you one.
Coat of Arms, Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, RAEME and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.
If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I may be able to get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.  Just let me know what words you want, what colour fabric and what colour thread… keep it simple please.   Also include your address in the email to save me time please.
I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.
Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Jan-Maree

ANNUAL THANK YOU DINNER
I am looking to get a group of Canberra based people together who will be able to help get this year’s dinner off the ground.   You might be one of our quilters or laundry bag makers, or you might be a recipient.. or just a supporter of Aussie Heroes...... but I need your help.

The dinner will be held at the SGT's Mess at RMC Duntroon on 3 November with functions the Friday and Sunday as well.

I will be having a meeting whilst in Canberra 7-9 August and hope to meet with volunteers who can give me a hand. I am not sure of the venue yet but will decide on that dependant on how many people are interested in coming along to hear what help is needed.

If you are interested in getting involved please email me - friendsofAHQ@gmail.com



The bulldogs… (navy and white)
M
LB
1
the next Chaplaincy Course is apon us.  If you would like to make a laundry bag for a new service chaplain now is your chance. I will send you the appropriate crest to use and you just need to make a lovely laundry bag with the chaplain's crest and initials on it.   These need to be with me by 1 Sep please so that they can be presented when I speak to the chaplains’ course.

LB
1
Aircraft KC30 (I can send you a silhouette)
M
LB
1
anything pink and/or C130 related
F
LB
1
rifle green and bone colour that says Regimental Sergeant Major Training Task Group VII with coat of arms please. (I have a panel with the coat of arms and the wording embroidered on it)
M
LB
1
the face of Karate's Bad Boy Mike Barnes from the hit 1980's film Karate Kid III.
M
LB
1
Karate Kid
M
LB
1
 Ford Mustang Ford Blue
M
LB
1
Australian Flag & KC-30A Aircraft
M
B
3A
Video Games…. Fallout 4 OR Assassins creed OR Mario OR Legend of Zelda
F
Q
3B
Australian Flag, rising sun ( I can send you one), Outdoors, shooting theme,

Q
3C
(Initals) - Poppies -camo fabrics- Afghanistan Flag, UAE Flag, Iraq Flag, Kuwait Flag, Australian Flag - I can send you some of the camofabrics
M
B
3D
Referee Whistles, Afghanistan Flag, UAE Flag,  Australian Flag ( I can send you an Afghanistan flag)
M
B
3E
RAAF Air planes,  UAE Flag, Afghanistan flag, Australian Flag, poppies  ( I can send you an Afghanistan flag)
M
B
3F
ANZAC/Family feel. Kids names are available
M
Q
3G
Air Force, Afghanistan, Medical, Op Highroad, Blue

B
3H
Harley Davidson bikes, German shepherd and rottweiler and the rising sun. Colours, thats is up to the imagination of the quilt maker.
Please can I have my pmkeys and name on the quilt too.
M
Q
3I
rifle green and bone colour that says Regimental Sergeant Major Training Task Group VII with coat of arms please.   (I have a panel with the coat of arms and the wording embroidered on it)
M
Q
4
Fishing theme. AUS Flag, NZ Flag and IRAQ Flag. (Task Group Taji 2018)
M
B
5
ANZAC Theme, Poppies, AUS flag, NZ Flag and Iraq flag. (Task Group Taji 2018)
M
B
6
ANZAC Theme, Poppies, AUS flag, NZ Flag and Iraq flag. (Task Group Taji 2018)
M
B
7
ANZAC rising sun Theme, Poppies, AUS flag, NZ Flag and Iraq flag. (Task Group Taji 2018)
M
B
8
AUS Flag, Greek Flag, Philippine Flag ( I can print the flags) (Task Group Taji 2018)
M
B
9
Aus Flag, RAEME Badge (I can send you one), Western Sydney Wanderers, Parramatta Eels, NSW Blues
M
Q
10
RAEME Colours (red, yellow and Royal Blue) with Aus Flag, RAEME Badge ( I can send you one), QLD Maroons, Gold Coast Titans.
M
B
11
Australia and England
Poppies and english rose
Beagles (Dog)
The Rising Sun
Frozen the Movie (my grandchildrens favourite) now mine
Cowboys NRL Team
And Camouflage .
M
Q
12
Batman
M
Q
13
ANZAC Theme, Poppies, AUS flag, NZ Flag and Iraq flag. (Task Group Taji 2018)
M
B
14
Australian Flag, NZ Flag, Iraq flag, Skippy Badge, OP OKRA 2018 colours of the aboriginal flag
M
B
15
NRL- Newcastle nights, NSW Blues, Australian Flag
M
B
16
Aussie Flag, Parachutes, poppies, Rising Sun
M
B
17
Austrailan flag and RAEME Flag as back ground. RAEME Logo in the centre. Writing at the top "OPERATION OKRA" and name at the bottom
M
B
18
CHIEFS Rugby Team
M
Q
19
Different shades of blue, white,
RAAF emblem, aswell as dogfighting aircraft with a sky back drop (Older aircraft if possible)
F
B
20
Australian/Iraq theme (suggestions - flag, map, Iraqi swords)
M
Q
21
Australian Coat of Arms (in blue and white), with The Ode of Remembrance.  Can I also please have a Australian and a Dutch (red white and blue, easy to piece) flag at the bottom
M
B
22
Navy Blue background with the RAAF Ensign at the top and a picture of Dubai at the bottom. Also at the bottom, the text 'EAOU-3 (17 Apr - 31 Oct 18)'. Thank you.
M
B
23
RAAF roundel with a dark grey background.
M
Q
24
Red, White, Blue, Beach, Australiana,
M
Q
25
RAAF crest  with a sky blue background
M
Q
26
RAAF roundel with a grey background
M
Q
27
RAAF Ensign
M
Q
28
Sporty theme with Aussie flag
M
Q
29
Manchester United, Cronulla Sharks, Aussie Flag, Subaru. Letters ARC  and EAOU-3  if possible.
M
Q
30
 Batman (The Dark Knight) theme
M
Q
31
BMW Motorcycles theme please
M
B
32
Anything middle east or aircraft related which symbolises Australia's commitments/nationality
M
Q
33
Disney
F
Q
34
Cartoon cars
M
B
35
Grey, silhouette of a soldier and Lazy E (really easy to applique, basically an E lying down)
M
B
36
Blue, Green and White Flowers/Floral, Australia Flag, KC-30 Tanker
F
B
37
anyting related to Africa (e.g animals, scenery, Zimbabwean shapes or flags)
F
Q
38
Medical, QLD

Q
39
Arsenal
M
Q
40
The late great Ayrton Senna
M
Q
41
Superheros
M
B
42
Old School Jurassac Park, Origin NSW Blues, Travel, Gym  Anything but pink
F
Q
43
Maroon, QLD, Broncos, 
M
Q
44
Yellow and Gold with Rising Sun - "Commander Task Group Taji VII"
M
B
45
1st Joint Public Affairs Unit/Task Group Taji VII logo, Australia/Iraq maps, photography
M
B
46
Task Group Taji-VII Boomerang/Fern crest, AAPRS (Australian Army Public Relations Service) logo, Australia / Iraq maps, travelling and outdoor adventures   Mainly blue with some red & other colours 
F
Q
47
Sports and Warratahs - Rising Sun
M
B
48
Australian Army and Iraq
M
B
49
Medical, Army, Marvel, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, My Little Pony, Dolphins, Tigers

B
50


No comments:

Post a Comment