Thursday 19 April 2018

Aussie Hero Quilts Annual Thank You Dinner - Save The Date......



Woo Hoo, the time has come to announce the date for our next Aussie Hero Quilts Weekend.

Lock in the weekend of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of November.

Friday 

I have to lock in all the functions yet but you can count on a coffee evening for quilters on Friday the 2nd at the Sergeants Mess at the Royal Military College at Duntroon featuring a guest quilter... no names yet.. its a surprise  and then also some special guest speakers.  I also hope to have a couple of events in the afternoon. 

Saturday 

On Saturday the 3rd I am planning a newbies brunch. This will be for quilters I have not met before. Last year I had at least two quilters come to the dinner that I had not met... and at least one of them I still have not met. 

As much as I try to speak to everyone at the dinner on Saturday night the reality is that it is such a busy night that it may not be possible for me to manage that. 

I will be flat out making everything runs smoothly so that you can have a great time!  

I have plans for another tour on the Saturday that would tie in nicely with anyone wanting to spend some time at the Australian War Memorial.   More details to come. 

Of course the dinner is on the Saturday night. More details to come but it will be fabulous... and it will also be held at the Royal Military College Duntroon Sergeants' Mess.

This year you will be served nibbles on arrival.  Dinner will be a smorgasbord with allocated seating at round tables.   The capacity is 200.   Numbers are limited.   It is not easy to find a military venue in Canberra that can seat 200 people so I have had to hire round tables to fit you all in.

Sunday

Finally, we will round out the weekend with a brunch for those who wish to attend but again, details to be confirmed. 

Ticket sales 

Ticket sales will be arranged differently from last year and I still need to confirm the ticket price. I am afraid it is more likely to be around $70 a head. It costs more to have a seated function but we found last year that seats were a big issue.. and we also found that not everyone got enough food.. so I have taken steps to make sure that that does not happen again.

Accommodation.

As per last year, I have made a group booking at the Diplomat Hotel. Everyone who stayed there last year loved it and I expect that you will this year too. 

If you would like to book a room please quote Block Code: AHQ11 Aussie Quilters, to be able to receive the discount.  

You can call the hotel on 02 6295 2277.  They are  available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
As all the bookings will be made individually, a credit card is required to secure each reservation and to guarantee the booking.

You cannot book online for the group booking.

Any reservation cancelled within 7 days of arrival will incur 1 nights’ accommodation fee.

Rooms are subject to availability.

Rooms are available to book up to 2nd of October 2018.

Please see below for room rates:

Queen Standard for 1-2 people (Queen Bed) $150
Queens Single Standard 1-2 people (Queen bed + single) $150.


I think that is all you need to know now.  Now you can write this weekend in your diary and start planning your accommodation.   Stay tuned for more details. 

Till next time.... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx


No comments:

Post a Comment