Wednesday 17 January 2018

Messages of Thanks - 17 January 2018

Greetings from a sunny Sydney... a beautiful day today. I hope you all had a good one and hopefully these messages will add to your mood.  No photos that I can share yet though.
.....

Hi Bridget,

I would just like to say thankyou for the quilt I really love it and also say thankyou for what you and all the other ladies do. you all take the time out of your lives to do what you do for us we all appreciate it.

Hope this year brings you and your family luck and good health

Thanks again
.....

Greetings Jan-Maree and Lynn.

I received my Quilt along with your letters today upon my return from XXXX were I have been visiting my family. It is beautiful and appreciated. It will have a special place along with the laundry bag that you sent to me whilst in the MER. The work you ladies do is fantastic and unique. I will use them both in my many talks and invites that I do in relation to my work and ministry as a Sallyman. Again thank you and God bless you both.

Kind regards,
.....


Dear Ruth,

Thankyou ever so much for your very special Laundry bag, It is truly amazing and I love it.

I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this gift and it really does mean so much to receive something as nice as this from home, and so close to where I grew up which was Kangaroo Island.

I do feel your pain having to make this given you are a Port supporter, may I say your sacrifice has not gone unnoticed, and I swear I will not tell your fellow supporters.

Thankyou also for the Stubbie Holder and Hat, both will be useful here.

As we come up to Australia Day, It is people like you that make our country the best in the world.

Kind Regards

.....


 Anne, 


Thankyou very much for my quilt.
I couldn't have imagined anything better.

We are on track to finish up here on time and return home as requested by the government. While we still have a lot of work ahead the tim-tams were a welcome treat by all and disappeared very quickly.

The quilt is stunning and I am eager to show my wife as she also enjoys sewing and embroidery (6 different machines and counting). The colours were spot on.

Again thankyou to you and all that are involved with this amazing project. 

Best wishes for the year ahead and kindest regards,
.....
The best labrador quilt ever.
The best Labrador quilt in the middle east!
Good afteroon Cathie, 

I received your amazing quilt just before new years. It was the biggest and best surprise! I absolutely love it! 

We have two amazing black labradors who are brother and sister. They are absolutely amazing. So sweet and loving. My boy Cooper is a boof head at about 38 kilos and my girl McKenzie is a little darling. She had an accident when she was only 4 months old so she is a little dopey sometimes. We also have a 10 year old collie x kelpie named Emma. She is the sweetest most well behaved old girl. 

I have never heard of retrieving trials. I can understand why labs would be good at it though! I would love another lab but we lack the space and with me away all the time.

Thankyou from the bottom of my heart Cathie. I look forward to seeing pictures of all your labbies soon!


Kind regards,
.....

Dear Carol,

I hope this email find you and your family well. Sorry for the delay reply, it was a very busy end of the year with HMAS Darwin's decommissioning.  
Thanks a lot for the laundry bag I picked yours out from the others as they were handing them out I thought it was a great design. It's all the more special for me because Darwin was the first ship I served on. 
I joined the navy in 2006 as a marine technician after initial training for a year or so I posted on Darwin in 2007 I spent three and a half years on there the first time then posted ashore for a year then was on Hmas Sydney for four years both the same class of ship. 
I posted back on to Darwin at the start of 2017 for its last year of service. So every ship that I have been posted to is now decommissioned. My job role on both of those while I was on them was as a maintainer of the System that assists helicopters to land on-board the ship in rough seas. I post onto Hmas Melbourne on Monday in the same job role. That is the same class of ship as Sydney and Darwin. Darwin's last deployment was a little sentimental for me as I spent a fair bit of time on there.

I am originally from the Sutherland Shire in NSW. So I have been unfortunate enough to witness Queensland annihilate us for the better part of a decade ha but all great games. So many times in Queensland's winning streak I thought we had it in the bag but you guys always came back and won ha 8 years was along time not to win the series. 

Thanks very much for the laundry bag I used it to carry the last of my things off Darwin for the last time. 
It takes a special kind of person to take time to make a gift with their hands for someone they have never met, so good on you and I appreciated the letter too was good to read it distracted me from the snoring of the person that lived below me on the ship for a while so that was good. 

Hope your having a good New year Carol. 

PS NSW for ever ha. 
.....

Hi Bridget,

I received a laundry bag from you during the week. Thank you so much!

It’ll certainly go a long way to differentiating my laundry from the rest of the boring blue bags.

Cheers and thanks again. We’re appreciative of all of you at Aussie Quilts.
.....

Dear Jo

Just Received my awesome quilt. Absolutely love it. It brought a much needed
smile to my face. Thank you for spending the time in making such a personal
gift, not only for me but for any other serving members who receive these
sensational quilts.


Kind regards,
.....

From a Broncos fan.  He and I had enjoyed some good humoured banter regarding the Broncos and My Little Pony and so I bought a little My Little Pony fabric and Joan backed his LB with it.  :-)

Here is his response.... 

My laundry bag is the most amazing thing in Iraq, 
I can't thank you enough, 
Has really lifted my experience here and given me the drive to finish my tour. 

Now.... 
My little ponys fabric 😂😂. 

The team has really enjoyed that, 
My tough act-look I had going. 
Has been blown that's for sure 😂😂. And the nickname been coming in heavy now. 


Biggest thank you 
.....

Dearest Maddy,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the love and attention you put into the quilt you made me.
It took prize position on my bed during a long and busy tour.

I wanted you to know that it made it here and has been passed on to my young nephew.
When he is a little older I will pass on the details of how and why it was made.

Much love and appreciation.
Have a Merry Christmas and my best to your husband, Pete.

Sincerely,
.....

Hi Nicole,

I just want to personally thank you for the quilt and laundry bag that you so lovingly stitched up for me. You'll be glad to hear (and I to receive) the 2 boxes intact and not melted. The weather has been quite pleasant over the last couple months - a bit different to what my predecessors experienced with a couple 50 deg days mid last year. What I have seen though is some epic fog - sometimes down to about 25 meters visibility and not burning off til about 10-11am.  This was my first deployment and it was a pretty good experience. But definitely looking forward to getting home to my partner and dog.

Again thank you for the quilt and laundry bag. Hope all is well and all the best for the new year.

Kind Regards,
.....

Till next time..... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx




1 comment: