Tuesday 15 August 2017

Grati-Tuesday 15 August

Today is our Gratitude post and I have a special series of photos to share tonight. On Sunday I attended a wonderful Remembrance Lunch at the Ramsgate RSL to say thank you for the contribution they made to us recently.  It is incredibly heart-warming to receive unsolicited support from an RSL Sub-Branch as it says that they have heard about what we do and they value it enough to want to help us continue to do it. 

Before the lunch I met some of the other members including this one.  As soon as I was introduced as Jan-Maree who runs Aussie Heroes he smiled and explained that he had received a quilt and laundry bag whilst he was deployed on HMAS Melbourne a couple of years ago.  He was delighted to talk to me about it and to explain how much he appreciated receiving it.   He went one further though, and as soon as the lunch was over he ducked home and brought both back.   How special is that?
Thanks mate, it was lovely to meet you and your lovely wife and I great to get a pic of you with your quilt and laundry bag.





Don't you love that smile... 
.....

Hello Sue,

I am a lieutenant in the Royal Australian Navy currently deployed on operations embedded with the Airforce. I found your lovely Laundry bag with the nautical theme and chose it right away. I am the only Navy Person on this base so I knew it was meant to be!

I would like to personally thank you for your effort in making this bag. It truly is the gestures like these that really warm the heart and let you know that the work we do is appreciated back home and the hard work of being separated from our loved ones is worth it.

Again thank you kindly,
.....

Hey Ruth, 

Thankyou so very much for the laundry bag, it exceeds any expectations I had. The obvious time you've put into it has put an enormous smile on my face, I can't thankyou enough. I'm now going to be able to throw out my crappy mesh one.

I'm currently in XXX at the moment and have a few more months to go. I'm loving work over here and it's really rewarding. This is my second tour, first being XXXX. I didn't receive a bag from that one so you've made this trip extra special. 

Thankyou very much again, and say hello to your grandchildren for me. 
.....

And just for something different.... how about some photos of some of those who sew for us for a change....

Hi JM.
Couple of pics from today's AHQ sewing day at Fitzroy River Quilters, Heywood. Had a great day. Lots of poppy blocks, black and white blocks and some random bags made.
Cheers

Kaye. X

Thanks for sending the photos in Kaye....


.....



Good afternoon Chris,

I just received my cupcake laundry bag and it made my day. It is so beautifully sewn and the DA gives it that personal touch. I have ordered a quilt with unicorns for my youngest daughter. If it is anything like your laundry bag, I am positive it will be gorgeous.

I live in Brisbane and during winter I really am glad that I do live there. I'm not a fan of the cold weather - definitely not looking forward to winter in Afghanistan.

This is my first deployment but I am settling in well and enjoying the challenges that life brings. I am married with two girls. It was very difficult to leave them and it was an emotional time in the lead up to my departure from Australia. 

I am very lucky to be able to talk to my family most days and the girls keep me updated on everything that is happening in their lives. Whilst I have been on Exercises of 2-3 months duration in Australia, this  6 month deployment will be the longest that I will be away.

I am truly grateful that there are people like you in this world, who so very generously give of their time and skills. Please pass on to the other volunteers at Aussie Hero Quilts that they are making a difference to the lives of the ADF personnel here, and we all compare the different quilt designs that people have ordered (it seems that Marvel comics is very popular).

Thank you again, and kindest regards
.....




Dear Sharon,

Thanks so much for your lovely quilt and thoughtful gifts and notes, which arrived in a parcel today.

It has been quite an Australian day, as the ADF personnel embedded in the coalition headquarters here in XXXXXX travelled over to the Embassy this morning for a barbecue with the ambassador and local staff. We enjoyed some bacon and egg sandwiches, and I spent some time sitting on the lawn - it was good to see grass!

The trip is going well so far, and this is a fascinating place to live and work. It's great to be part of a capable and motivated team from around the world, engaged in an important task.

I enjoyed receiving the notes from you, Paul and Grace.

With best regards,
.....




Hello Gail,

Firstly I would like to say a very big thank you for the quilt and laundry bag that I received.
They are perfect and the puppies was a very nice touch.
 
I am currently on the home stretch for my trip which has been a long and hot one this time. And am very excited for it to be over and back home in Aus. 



Again a huge thank you for all your time and effort. I will be bringing my quilt and laundry bag back on all my trips from now on.

.....




Heya Julie P,

I would just like to say a big thank you for the quilt and the laundry bag that you made. I think the quilt and laundry bag are amazing and I will appreciate then in the years to come when I return home. I really appreciate the effort that yourself and the organisation has done to look after us over here. 

Regards
.....



Hi Janet.


Thank you so much for the time and effort you put in to making my quilt and laundry bag. They both look amazing and I am very happy with the final result.
Your letter was lovely to receive with the quilt and the lollies, chocolate and Ginger Nut biscuits have been keeping my belly full in between meals while we are away. 

Please see a couple of photo's of my quilt and laundry bag that I have attached below.

Kindest Regards 










.....


Hi Elizabeth,
I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to write but time got away from me and I just got back from leave. I'd love to thank you for the fantastic Parramatta themed quilt and laundry bag you made for me recently. They are incredible and I could never have expected them to be so nicely made. The detail of the cranes and wings along with my beloved Eels logo shows how much effort you put into it. That sort of thing helps make being away and working in places like South Sudan more than worthwhile.

The Aussie map was also genius as my family and I also love 4wding and am trying to see as much of Australia as we can. We're planning a trip to Kakadu next year and have been to Cape York, Fraser Island, Simpson Desert and the Vic High Country in the last few years. I have just returned from leave at home but unfortunately didn’t get time for camping. Although I took my youngest daughter (8yo) for a night 4wd trip up in the hills behind my place just to get a feel for it.
Thankyou again for the lovely gifts. The vegemite and tim tams were awesome too ;) I have the blues flags hanging over my doorway. We lost origin but I still get to annoy the Queenslanders here.

Cheers,
.....

This following one was shared on Facebook but for the Non-Facebookers.....
For Lisa N 

Thank you so much for the care and effort in making this quilt. It came just in time for me to use back home as I try and adjust from extreme hot weather into winter.  The kids will love showing this off to their friends. Again, thank you all for the great work you do to support the ADF!























.....


Hi Joan and Robin,

I have recently deployed to the Middle Eastern Region and was given a laundry bag from the embedded Padre. Thank you so much for all the work you do for ADF members, and the tireless effort in producing such great items for us to use. Incidentally, I didn't bring a laundry bag with me, so the bag you made (pictured) is of great help and will definitely be used as intended. 

It is heartening to think that deployed members are so well thought of, and these items go a long way to uplifting morale. 

Thank you for all you do. 

Warm regards



Till next time.... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!


Jan-Maree xx




No comments:

Post a Comment