Thursday 14 April 2016

An Extra Happy Mail .....

We had a very successful and productive working day here at my home today.  Thanks so much to Jenny P, Bridget, Joan McK, June and Lisa K for coming.  Thanks also to Bev U for dropping in with the quilts she had bound.  We work so hard on these days with a brief stop for lunch and still the ladies thank me for having them and tonight I even got a text thanking me for an awesome day!   What an awesome bunch of ladies. 

The next sewing day is again at my home next Thursday. All welcome but please do let me know if you are coming so that I can be prepared.  

While I think of it, our next Penrith day is coming up on the 30th of April.  Again, all welcome, just let me know so I can be prepared.

I have nearly caught up with all the mail that we have received after an hour and a half sitting at the kitchen table this morning opening and photographing all of it.   There was still a box and a parcel from Glenda to photograph (beautiful work too) but no time to get all those photos taken today.  Look for them next week Glenda  :-)

The blocks for the Chapel Quilt have all rolled in and they look awesome. Bridget has taken them home to sort and trim and we will start putting the quilts together next sewing day if we can.  

In the mean time, maybe I need to arrange another couple of Mystery Quilts.... who would like to get involved if I do?   For the unitiated, the Mystery Quilts are really fun. I have a mailing list of those who want to take part  in the Mystery Quilts.  I send out an email nominating the theme and block type that needs to be made and those that are interested register to make one or more blocks.  All the blocks, when received, are put together into a quilt top for a specific recipient.   The blocks are always easy so if you want to get involved just send me an email and I will add you to the mailing list.   My email is friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

Just because you are on the mailing list does not mean you have to take part. 

Now for this week's second lot of happy mail....

These quilts and laundry bags were sent in by the mother of a soldier.... unfortunately there was no name and no return address so I can't give her credit for then and will not be able to pass on thanks or comments from her recipients if I receive any.   If these are yours please let me know.






This  bunch of laundry bags was sent in by the lovely ladies from the Wandering Quilters Group.  Thanks ladies, great job.  These have all gone off to the boats in Cairns.  I am sure they will soon be put to good use.










Till next time................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

1 comment: