Wednesday 5 August 2015

Happy Mail 5th August


Hi Everyone
Here are the photo's of the loveliness that has been sent in this week.
These are from Ann S


Wendy H 


Happy Stitching
Caroline
.....

There are a few in my mail box tonight as well....

First up a little happy mail of  different kind.  One of the quilters pointed out that we appear again in another magazine.  There was an article about Aussie Heroes in Issue 16-3 of Country Threads...  Well Sally let me know that in Issue 16-8 there is a letter in the "You've Got Mail" Section...

In case you can't read it the letter says

"Dear Danielle
Thanks so much for the Aussie Hero Quilts article in CT 16-2.  I have a cousin serving in the forces and was delighted to discover this wonderful organisation.  I immediately went to the blog and checked the requirements and have been happily making laundry bags using fabrics from my stash. Once I've got six or so of these finished I will contact Jan-Maree to get the specs for a couple of quilts. I's sending prayers for a safe return with every stitch.
Thanks again for an inspiring article.
Barbara B, NSW"



Thanks to Sally's tip I went searching for the magazine and after photographing the letter page I had a flick through the rest of the magazine.  To my surprise, there was Lucy Carroll and some of the quilts from AQC.


Lucky I saw Lucy, or I might not have spotted our cameo appearance in the bottom right picture!!


......

These four Wounded Warrior blocks came from M Arthur, sorry M I could not read your first name.



Ann S







Anne H 




Julie 







And finally some laundry bags from the Upper Landsdowne Social Group. 
Thanks ladies.





Lots of great goodies arriving in the mail ladies.  
Many thanks.

Till next time...............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree xx

No comments:

Post a Comment