Friday 22 May 2015

Weekly Dispatches 22 May 15

G'day all.  Another week has flown by.  I attended a gathering of quilters called the Southern Zone Regional Get Together on Wednesday and met a few of our quilters.   

I also met a mother who came up and told me that her son, currently in Afghanistan, has just received a quilt and a laundry bag (from Nancy and Julie Ann).   

I also had a lovely surprise when another woman, who knew I was going to be there brought me her son-in-law's quilt to use during my presentation - see below.  She said he let her borrow it to show me but then it had to go back so he could put it bag in his swag which goes with him every deployment.    Big thanks to him for letting her bring it for me.  


Yesterday I spent time with the Dolphin Quilters from Old Bar.  Louse was kind enough to be my gracious hostess for both nights and Diane and her husband Tom, whose adult children are all serving members, hosted Louise and I for dinner on Wednesday night.  Thanks to all for their hospitality.  These ladies are pictured here with some of their awesome Aussie Hero Quilts.   The photo does not do these justice.  Thanks muchly ladies.


And now on to the show and tell from this week.


598 quilts and 817 laundry bags for 2015. 

4183 quilts and  6264 laundry bags in total.

Ann S



Cath 


Cheri W




Dolphin Quilters 



Donna P 


Evelyn and Robin





Fran T 



Glenys




Jacqui S


Jean B












Jenny F




Joan and Elizabeth


Kate K 


Kay C


Laura


Laurene


Lisa C






Lisa N








Lynn, quilted by Robin and the crown added by me.


Lynn and quilted by Debbie


Lynn and quilted by Lisa N




Mae


Marg C


Matt


Norma and Nancy



Norma A and Debbie


Pam M (VIC)


Pennie



Help!  I somehow deleted the name of the quilter and I can't track it down - this is the front 


and this is the back.  Please let me know who made it.


Rita M 





Sue N 



Valerie


Till next time............... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree xx

1 comment: