Monday 16 March 2015

My visit to Spotlight

It has taken me a bit too long to get to writing this post and I hope you and those at Spotlight will forgive me.  My only excuse is that I have been away for the week in the mean time.  

On the 7th of March I was invited to spend some time at Spotlight in Castle Hill to sew and talk to people about Aussie Heroes.  On the Thursday night beforehand I went and chose some of their latest ranges of fabrics to take home and prepare for the day.

What a great selection to choose from and all very generously provided by Spotlight free of charge.


I took along several laundry bag kits to sew and the very helpful staff from Spotlight used their Brother Scan And Cut, which they were demonstrating, to cut letters for me to go on some of them.  

Several people came up to talk - all went away with my business card. One lovely prospective Aussie Hero Quilter, Rhonda N, made a special trip to the store just to say hello which was lovely.  


I also got another really lovely surprise  when Rachael dropped in to say hello.  Rachael received a quilt and laundry bag from Stephanie D whilst she was deployed on HMAS Darwin.  She had brought both her quilt and laundry bag with her and was more than happy to talk to several of the ladies who stopped by and tell them how it made her feel to receive them whilst away.

I am not sure how many ladies I spoke to - a good number I think - and when I was not talking I was sewing and ended up with three completed laundry bags.  :-)




Very generously at the end of the day I was given another gift voucher as a thank you as well.

So thanks very much Spotlight, for the fabric, the opportunity, for the lovely support from your friendly staff while I was there and for the gift voucher as well.  

Till next time..................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree xx

2 comments: