Tuesday 17 February 2015

Grati-Tuesday 17 February

Attention all ladies who made laundry bags for the Christmas Dinner Laundry Bag Challenge! They have arrived and have found good homes.

Hi Jan-Maree, 



        Big day in the post yesterday!......My quilt and the two boxes of laundry bags that you sent over arrived (the post card from Townsville had me thinking of home and I will enjoy the redskins reading my book).  Thank you so much for my quilt, it is exactly what I imagined and I am sure my granddaugher will love it when I get home.  The laundry bags went like hot cakes and the lads asked to pass on their heartfelt thanks.  I am sure they will drop a line to those wonderful ladies who made them.   
Again, my heartfelt thanks to you for my quilt and can you please pass on a very big thank you to your fantastic ladies.  We really appreciate what you do for us and the quilts and laundry bags will be well used, and part of the great memories of our deployment after we come home.  
Cheers, 




And from another senior member in the same location....




To Jan-Maree, 
 
I would like to take the time to say thank you and all  for all the great Aussie Hero Quilts and laundry bags that have arrived into Afghanistan in the past two months that I have been in country, you could not get any more Australian than the themes and colours that I see of the quilts and bags, thank you. 
  As the senior enlisted soldier in Kandahar, Southern Afghanistan, I would like to say thank you and all that provide the Australian Defence Force with the bags and quilts whilst deployed overseas, The Aussie Hero Quilts and Laundry Bags are a great organisation and make a difference to the many men and women who are deployed to all parts of the world, thank you. 
 
I received my quilt and laundry bag from Kaye S and emailed her to say I love both items.  Please pass on my gratitude for the beautiful quilt and bag that I and my daughter will treasure forever and be passed on to the next generation. 
 
I skyped my 8 year old daughter and showed her the quilt and she wanted me to send it home now, I said that I needed it to keep warm but that she will get it when I come home eventually, 
 
Again, I take my hat off to people like you that go out of your way to support the men and women of the Australian Defence Force, from all defence personnel of Camp Baker, Kandahar, Afghanistan. 
 
THANK YOU


.....


Hello Rita,


I got my laundry bag and quilt with the Navy/King Island themes, a big thank you.
The weather here has now turned, January was the cool month, 16 overnight and 28-30 during the day with a breeze.   It is now working back up to 35 finishing at a peak of 55-60 in Apr-Aug. 



This is a wonderful service you all provide......:), I have personally seen the smiles you bring to folk here.


....


Dear Carolyn,


Thank you so very much for the quilt and laundry bag. I am very grateful. It has come very handy. My room mate has her room decorated with photos and her own quilt cover. My side of the room looked very plain and boring.. Now with this quilt cover, I can personalise it a little. Thank you so much for your time and effort to make this and send it. I absolutely love the pictures and my mouth dropped when I saw my name on it. It's there to remind me of home :)..

Thank you for your service back home. 23 years is a long time and we appreciate the help and care you do back in Australia.

.....

To Irene,


Thank you for the great Aussie laundry bag that you have made, you could not get any more Australian than the Koala Bear, I shall treasure it and my all colours of the rainbow and fairy quilt that I received just after Christmas day always and will in time give to my 8 year old daughter the quilt and the bag to help encourage her to put clothes to be washed in the one place, can only hope !!!

The camp laundry is now starting to fill up with colourful bags and it is all due to people like yourself, that go out of your way to give us a beautiful reminder on just how beautiful Australia is. 

As the senior enlisted soldier in Kandahar, Southern Afghanistan, I would like to say thank you and all that provide the Australian Defence Force with the bags and quilts whilst deployed overseas, The Aussie Hero Quilts and Laundry Bags are a great organisation and make a difference to the many men and women who are deployed to all parts of the world, thank you
Again, I take my hat off to people like you that go out of your way to support the men and women of the Australian Defence Force, I thank you from the heart.

Kind Regards


.....

Good morning Julie Ann,

Thank you kindly for my laundry bag it looks amazing! I promise it will be well looked after and very loved.

A little bit about myself also, I am a logistics clerk in the Royal Australian Air Force and have been serving now for about 5 years. I love my job so much and makes me proud everyday knowing I'm doing what I can to support this great country of ours.

Australia day unfortunately was a little quite here but we did what we could to make it special.

Once again I just wanted to thank you for all the hours you put into the laundry bag and know that everyone here are doing everything we can to help the towards the humanitarian effort in IRAQ.

Keep well and best wishes to you and your family.

Kind regards,
.....

Glenys,

Firstly, let me thank you for the lovely quilt and laundry bag that you so graciously made. I love the Australian map with my initials inside.

I am touched by your letter and gift – as I have never received such before. It is a fantastic gift, one that soldiers from other nations do not enjoy and are envious of.  It is I who should be humbled to know that the Australian public hold the work that we do overseas in such high regard.

I wish you all the best in health and happiness; and trust that you enjoy the enduring company of your family and friends.

.....

Hi Pauline and Elaine

It was to my great surprise that I received an amazing gift from the pair of you. Receiving your gift definitely made my day and I was very proud to show it off to those that I work with. Everyone within my workspace spoke very highly of it and made great mention of what a great job and effort you both went to. Add a touch of jealousy in there as well ;)

I am very appreciative of your support back in Australia and it is great to know that people back home take the time out of their days to think about those serving members deployed across the world. 

This has been a long deployment away from my family, though the end of my trip is nearing. This quilt is is something that I will treasure and be able to take home to show my children and wife, it will be a great keepsake from my deployment. My kids will be lining up to take it for show and tell at school. 

Once again thank you for your gift and continued support 

.....

Hi Robyn,

Thank you for making my beautiful quilt. This winter dropped to 2 deg in my
location and it was lovely to have such a colourful and surprisingly warm
quilt on my bed. We have aircon in our rooms however they catch fire when we
turn them to heat! It's best to leave them off.

The reason I am emailing so late is that the letter I wrote before Christmas
has gone to London in a stray mail bag. Hopefully one day it will return!

Thank you again - the members here in my small detachment love receiving their
quilts and we show them off as soon as they arrive.


Kind regards


.....

Julie-Anne.

I finally have a couple of minutes to thank you for the beautiful Laundry Bag, which has come in very handy. It really does fit my character as I do have, and am restoring, a couple of old Holden's, so I really do love the bag.

What I can say is what a wonderful idea AHQ is, and how much you are all appreciated, the laundry bags and other treats give us all something to talk about for a while and come in very handy (Mine is the best) and it is fantastic to be remembered and cared about’

I wish you and your family nothing but happiness and Safety now and Forever.


Thanks very much again.

.....

And these two appeared on Facebook today but I am sharing them again here for the non-Facebookers!


A big thanks to all of you, and especially Linda Heycox for making this quilt for me! I appreciate the thoughts and effort behind it and it's a wonderful gift. Thank you!

.....

My amazing quilt arrived yesterday. I love it. Thank you so much. I will write a proper thank you email soon!


.....



Till next time...............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree  xx

1 comment: