Sunday 31 August 2014

An Invitation to attend RAAF Base Richmond.

I have an extra little post for you today.  I wanted to let you know that on Wednesday the 3rd of September, this coming Wednesday, approximately forty Aussie Hero Friends will be guests of RAAF Base Richmond as a thank you for what Aussie Heroes does.  The forty come from those who were on the Aussie Heroes Volunteer email list at the time.


We are due to arrive there at 830 on Wednesday morning and will be returned to our cars around 1630 (430pm) in the afternoon.  I know a few things that have been planned for the day but I am keeping them a surprise for now.  I have a feeling that there may be things happening that I do not know about as I stopped "being told" things a couple of weeks ago! 

This will be a wonderful opportunity for those who are attending to meet at least a few recipients, even if not their own, and hopefully get a better feeling for how our quilts and laundry bags are received by our serving men and women.

I do know that at least one quilter will meet her recipient and apparently two of mine will be there but I am not being told who one of them is!

We will not be allowed to take any photos so it could be a little hard for me to write my usual blog post afterwards but I am told I will receive photos once they have been cleared.  Apparently a Press Release is being made as well.

So watch this space folks.  

I will tell you all about the day when I can.

Till next time....................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  
Jan-Maree  xx


1 comment:

  1. How exciting. Being the first time my friends and I are making quilts we have been very busy this weekend. Mine only has to be quilted. Another top is nearly finished. We have been working hard

    ReplyDelete