Wednesday 16 July 2014

Melbourne Here I come and Happy Mail.

Hi all, I thought I should catch you up a little with my plans for the next few days so that if you email or message me and it takes a little while to get back to you, you will understand why.  Tomorrow morning I am hitting the road to Melbourne!!!



I thought you might like to know a little of what I am doing.  Tomorrow night I am speaking to the North of the Yarra Quilt Group.  One of our long time laundry bag and quilt makers Sue N is going to be there so I will meet her for the first time.   She is actually bringing some of her quilts to show which saves me from having to carry many in my luggage but I am taking a selection of quilt tops and some laundry bags for show and tell.  

On the Friday morning I am meeting up with two of the ladies who made quilts for HMAS Newcastle and that would be Eleanor and none other than Sarah, the wife of the Newcastle Chaplain.  After I say my farewells to them I am driving down to HMAS Cerberus for a nostalgic look at my old base!   I hope to take lots of photos so that I can write up a blog post about the place and I am really looking forward to seeing how much it has changed in the 20 or so years since I was there.   I will be meeting a chaplain there who, until recently was the head chaplain for the Middle East Area of Operations.  I will spend the evening having dinner with him and his family.  

Saturday is a huge day.  I start with breakfast at 9am with a recipient from Kandahar.  Then I move on to lunch with a few of our quilters.  We are meeting at The Green Sage CafĂ© in Templestowe Shopping Centre if anyone is interested in joining us.  We will be there at 1130.  From there I move on to an afternoon visit with the wife of the chaplain on our current ship and finally I am having dinner with another recipient and his wife who would like to catch up.  

Sunday's plans are a little flexible at the moment but Sunday night my husband is flying down from Sydney and we are having dinner with his family to celebrate birthdays.  

On Monday morning I wish my husband a happy 24th Wedding anniversary and then drop him off at the station so that he can head off into his office for the week's work and them I head off to my own list  of things to do - perhaps I might fit a couple of quilt shops in.  Well a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do!!!  In the afternoon I am heading off to visit the MUC Pilgrim Patchwork Group who are having their regular meeting and I will be joining them.  From there I will head off to the airport.  

So as you can see, a fairly packed schedule but one that I am really looking forward to.  
You will have to bear with me if you don't hear from me.  

So that is enough from me - here is Caroline with this week's happy mail.


Hi Everyone, not a lot from me today, hoping to have a full post box next week.
Here are some lovely July BOM's from Carol Le M.
 
 
These are fabulous and I just love the border collie in the middle of the sheep.
 
Happy Stitching
 
Caroline
 

1 comment:

  1. So looking forward to meeting you! Love those Aussie Blocks too!

    ReplyDelete