Tuesday 8 July 2014

Grati-Tuesday


G'day all.  Tonight I have our usual heart warming messages from those who have received what we have been making and sending but I also have a couple of other messages.

I have slowly been loading up all the photos of quilts and laundry bags plus all the photos that we have received from recipients into special albums on Facebook.  

This comment was left after I posted some more photos.
.....

Have looked at every single one of these pics.  Only thing more amazing that the talent of those involved in making these quilts is the people they have been made for.  Thank you to everyone, makers and recipients. You all make Aus an amazing place!
.....

Hi there, I'd like to thank you for the wonderful quilt you made me earlier this year. I would have replied earlier but have just been flat out. Its amazing what you and the other members of Aussie Hero Quilts do for the members serving overseas and we Thank you.



Hello Peggy and Jan-Maree


Thank you so much for my quilt, I absolutely love it. It is very well made and I love the design. It is definitely what my room needed, as you can probably see how plain my room is without the added colour. 



The ADF members really appreciate what you ladies do for us, and understand how much time and effort as well as the cost that goes into making these quilts. It is a wonderful and lovely gesture and it is fantastic to see so many defence employees taking you up on your offer. 



I also appreciated the lovely letter from Peggy that came with my quilt. It was enjoyable to read your story and find out how you have become involved with AHQ.


Once  again thank you.

.....

This message was posted on Facebook.  What I like about this one is that this quilt was requested for a medic by her old mentor which just made my day.

A big warm hearted thank you to my former mentor KC for this lovely surprise and to the most wonderful team that is Aussie Hero Quilts!  Your beautiful gesture will be a part of my family forever.  Sending much love from the MEAO  :-)


This is the front of the quilt - this is one of our lovely BOM quilts beautifully put together by Melissa.

.....

This lovely daughter requested a quilt be sent to her mother rather than to herself.  Of course we had to look after her as well so a laundry bag was sent to her along with some treats. 

Cath,
Thanks for the laundry bag and other beautiful treats, I wasn't expecting anything apart from the quilt for my Mum so it was nice surprise.  Mum has received the quilt a couple of weeks ago and she absolutely loves it.
Again thanks for you and your organisations efforts, most appreciated.

Cheers,
.....


Hi Geoff and Bev,


I am just writing to let you know I received my Hero Quilt and laundry bag  and they are great! I would like to let you know that your effort and the time taken out of your busy schedules to do this for deployed personnel is greatly appreciated. 
The personal touch of the included treat made receiving the quilt even better and it definately brightened up my day receiving it. the Essendon lettering and colouring was perfect and it looks great on my bed!



Thank you again,
....


This quilt top was made by Louise and quilted by Evelyn and Robin and sent off by me.  


Hi Jan-Maree. I got my quilt!! And I absolutely love it! It makes my room look girly finally rather than bland and boring. I sent a photo of it to my girls and they are already arguing over who's room it will look best in when I get home! Thank you so much for the work you do and to  who put in so much time and effort to make the quilts and laundry bags for us. There is always great excitement here when someone gets their quilt! It is so very much appreciated. I will also email the lady who made my quilt tomorrow to thank her personally.  Warmest regards and Bless you for your kindness. 
.......

These wonderful thank you collages were sent to us by my contact in the Sinai.  As you can see, receiving the quilts, made by Debbie, was very emotional for both these ladies.  


And take note in the bottom one...someone has now learned to use TimTams as a straw.  Got to love passing on good old Aussie Traditions!  :-D

.....


Dear Jan-Maree and Team,


I have just received a great quilt from your organisation - it was passed on to me by XXXXX and our RSM,  I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and to let you know that it is greatly appreciated. The quilt, made by Jenny F,  will look good in my otherwise quite utilitarian room and be a nice reminder of home as I grab some sleep. 



I will pen a separate note to Jenny.  Thanks and best regards, 

.....

This email came in this week from the mother of two of our sailors.  :-)


Hi everyone,

Two of my four children are serving members of the RAN, and having both served on operation slipper were fortunate to receive beautiful quilts made by you lovely people.
I am a quilter myself and had no idea that this was being done for our Aussie Heroes serving overseas.
I am now inspired and am making my first quilt which I will forward when complete.
I would just like to thank all of you who made a little piece of Australia for my two to take with them on their deployment. As a Mother, I really think this is something special.
Hoping to complete my first quilt of many very soon.
.....

Hi Linda,


Thank you for the lovely laundry bags that you sent for our deployed troops. They will be distributed to newly deployed members as they arrive in Kabul. It is always nice for them to know that someone back at home is thinking of us, and they add a colourful touch in an otherwise quite bland environment.
Thanks again for your contribution. All the best to you and your family.



Regards,
....



Good Morning,


I would like to say thank you. Thank you for your kindness and consideration and taking the time and effort to make myself a laundry bag. This is a selfless act that means so much to not only myself but others whom are currently serving overseas. Your thoughtfulness and kindness really is appreciated. I have kept your business card and if I am ever in the area, I will ensure that I drop in.


Have a fantastic day and once again, thank you.


Regards,
.....



Jan-Maree/ Leanne, 



I just wanted to let you both know that I have received the quilt and laundry bag and I must say I am very impressed, they both more than exceed my expectations.  The work and detail that has gone into them is incredible and the lovely letter from Leanne was heart warming.   


They have definitely brightened my room immensely (photos attached) and I have also sent the photos through to my Mum (the cat napper) who was suitably jealous.  I look forward to putting the quilt up on my wall at home when I return to Australia in September. 



Thank you both again for all your hard work and generosity and enjoy your time in Bali Leanne, it should be a bit cooler than here (which was 33.5 at 0530 this morning when I went to the gym). 



All the best 





The "Cat Napper" comment refers to the fact that this recipient's mother is "looking after" his siamese cat but he is not expecting to get it back on completion of his deployment.  I know just how he feels.  My mother did the same with one of my dogs!  LOL
.....



Hi Bev,


Thank you so much for the lovely laundry bag that you sent me. The colours were great and it was really nice to see the personalised touch of my initials sewn on there. The laundry bags and quilts provided by generous people such as yourself go a long way to brightening up our rooms and it is fantastic to know that we have support from people back at home.



Thanks also for the lollies - our HQ staff are very appreciative!



Best wishes to you and your family.


Till next time............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

1 comment: