Thursday 12 December 2013

Happy Mail Thursday 12th December

G'day all.  

You know, I do love that traditional Aussie Greeting.  Maybe that should be a block of the month some time.  Or wouldn't it be cool to have some fabric with "G'Day" written all over it in green and gold or outback red!  Hmmmmm  Any designers out there???

Ok, so to the blocks received this week.  Up first some poppies from Linda F WA. 


And  more of the same from Linda H who made about 16 or more of them and wrote that she has recently moved homes and whilst unpacking came across some magazines which proved a good excuse to stop and have a cuppa.  Guess what an article about AHQ jumped out at her and that lead her to the blog and the poppy block with promises of more to come!  YAY!  Welcome on board! Linda!   :-)


 Heather sent me in one batch of these Aussie blocks as Blocks of the Month and then sent me in a few more so that I had enough to make a quilt top.  LOVE them.  Carolyn pieced them in to the quilt top for me and I can't wait to see this one quilted and sent off early next year. I just think it is really cheery! Love it.



Miriam sent me these two quilt tops. I have to make them a bit narrower and extend them a bit but I love them. One of them was given to a Wounded Warrior recently and I have heard back that he loves it. I don't blame him either.  



I know that Happy Mail is normally all the blocks and so on that we have received but there is no way I was going to wait any longer than tonight to share this awesome picture!  One of my wonderful "distributors" over there waited till her quilt arrived and then arranged for this picture to be taken!   How awesome is this.  The quilters are, from left to right, Beth, Liz, Liz, Sorry unknown please tell me) Liz, Judith, Block of the Month, Sandra and Laurel.  If you see one of your quilts in here, especially if you made the strippy one, please can you tell me.  I will happily send you a high resolution copy of the photo.  If I can work out, or if someone can tell me, who made that strippy quilt I will edit the post accordingly.

Thanks so much for going to the effort of arranging the photo for us!
Much appreciated and you know who I mean!  :-D

And finally here is the list of those who have sent off quilts and laundry bags this week.  As always if you have sent goodies off and are not on this list please let me know.

Andrea T
Dasha
Debbie
Lynn
Joan
Keryn
Kirsten
Liz
Louise
Louise T
Meg
Nancy
Pam

Till next time.........................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx


No comments:

Post a Comment