Wednesday 7 August 2013

Happy Mail 7 August

Well, I don't know about you all but I have had a productive day.

I played hookie from the laptop this morning and committed myself to the sewing machine this morning until midday and boy did it feel gooooooood.  I am paying for it now though - emails to answer, blog post to write and an article to write but at least I got a lot done.

I am planning to write a tutorial for this in the future, not because I think lots of you will want to tackle these but to give you ideas of how to tackle other things that might take your fancy.  You might be thinking that there is a lot of work in these and you would be right.  What you need to take into account is that I rarely, if ever, sew anything that is not for AHQ so in order to keep myself sane, and also to keep my skills up, I occasionally put a little more time into a piece than I might otherwise.   I don't have time to put a quilt top together around these so tomorrow they will be in the mail and on their way to Lynn who will work her magic on them.






A quick reminder that the next Penrith Sewing Day is on this Sunday at Penrith Patchwork.  The address is 97B Henry Street, Corner of Woodriff Street.  

We start at 10am and stitch till around 2pm.  BYO lunch and snacks.  I will provide all materials and you just need to bring your sewing machine.

Hope to see you there!  If you are planning to attend can you please let me know so that I can make sure I have enough things prepared for us all.

Lots of lovely stuff came in the mail this week.  

Beth sent in these great wonky log cabins for the June Block of the Month.   What a great way to use up scraps.  What  a great quilt this will make.  There are 45 in all but this gives you the idea.



Sue sent in this quilt top and the following one.  More wonderful scraps put to good use.


Here is a close up of the border!  How cool is this Opera House Fabric.  Sue sent some made up into binding but don't tell her - I have been stroking the binding and am thinking it might be ironed flat and might sneak into a quilt or two and this quilt might have a different binding!


This is Sue's other quilt top. Ahh so love scraps!




Heather  sent in these awesome July BOM blocks.  What a great use of that feature fabric.  I think these would look great in the one quilt - what do you think?  Any volunteers?




Now I am really sorry about this one.  These came in an envelope with the surname an initials on the back with an address but I am not sure if there was a note inside with the first name.  Either way I am sure you will know who you are.  RF & PM C  Please tell me so that I can update the blog and include your name.  Regardless, I really love the blocks!



Sarah sent in two blocks.  

 Janine sent in a batch as well.


These are fun blocks and I am looking forward to the resulting quilts.  Fun Fun Fun.

That is all for now - lots of writing for me tonight so I am off the sewing machine and chained to the laptop again.

Till next time...................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment