Monday 10 June 2013

Just before I hit the kitchen

Hi All.  Not sure if I will get back to add to this blog post before it launches this afternoon or if I will be trapped in the kitchen baking for the party tonight (my son's 17th)  I will try and remember to add everything now.  

First up on Friday I drove up freeway to visit this lovely group of ladies at Chain Valley Bay.  
They undertook to make 11 quilts for one particular group of fellows but slightly overshot the mark and have made around 20 at last count I believe.  Here they are pictured with some of their laundry bags.  Not all of them are present in the photo but a big thank you to ALL of the ladies who contributed to such a great effort.  


And Lisa (on the left below) and Chelly were back yesterday, sewing up a storm.  I would love to show you the quilt they are working on but that would give the game away.  Big thanks to Lisa's handsome man who donated one of his shirts to the cause.  Thankfully (or maybe regrettably) he wasn't wearing it at the time!  Considering Lisa had not sewn before she came along to the last sewing day in Penrith, she is doing really well.  Her lovely man thanked me for getting her sewing!  Wonder if he will still thank me in a few months - we all know how addictive quilting can be and Lisa has a great partner in crime in Chelly.


On a different subject...

One of the lovely ladies from Chain Valley Bay told me about this website  and I figured you would want to know about it.

I copied the following from the site for you 

Many families have in their possession photographs of heroes of the Great War that have no details to identify them.     This website is for people to post photographs of Australians such as these in the hope that other members of the public have the same photograph and are able to help with identification. 

There are also  a WWI Pictorial Honour Roll of Australians who served in World War I.  You might like to check it out.

And finally a date for your calendar.

The next Penrith Sewing Day will be Sunday the 23rd of June
at Penrith Patchwork
10am to 2pm
BYO lunch and sewing machine.
I will provide all fabrics.
If you think you can make it can you please let me know so I know how much preparation to do  

Okay, it is off to the kitchen for me.  Pizza scrolls, miniature tarts and gooey chocolate birthday cake to bake.  Just as well I enjoy baking......but just quietly......I would rather be sewing but that is just between you and me!  LOL

Till next time............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment