Wednesday 12 June 2013

Happy Mail 12 Jun

It is a cold wet day here in Sydney - perfect day for quilting but then isn't every day?  I can't say I have done much quilting today but I have done lots of other Aussie Hero "Stuff" and first up on my "to do" list today was to photograph all of this week's happy mail.

Laurel didn't actually post this to me, she dropped it in, with another very similar quilt top which I forgot to photograph before sending it off to the quilter.  These are some of the blocks sewn at the last sewing day in Penrith and Laurel was kind enough to take them home, adding in some of her own fabric, and completing two quilt tops.



Louise has been busy again this week dropping in late last Sunday night and delivering six new quilt tops.  









i think Julie Ann is the first to send in BOM Blocks for this month.  



Harold, our favourite Old Dag has sent in two blocks for a joint effort quilt we are making.  Incidentally he is now spear heading the work on a quilt and just in case you think I am being disrespectful you can read about Harold and his sewing companions here



Jo P sent this block in for our fellow's Sport/Cooking themed quilt



Danielle sent in two blocks for the same quilt!  How awesome is this - embroider!  Cute!



Bev sent me another batch of her awesome tea towel laundry bags.












Cheryl D passed on two quilts she has made for us. Thanks Cheryl!  These are her first for Aussie Heroes.  Blue would be the colour we get the most requests for.  




Judith delivered two quilts that she had bound for me and she still had time to make these four laundry bags.








These arrived from Donna (DeeEmmEss) today along with two quilts that she had quilted and her friend had bound!  My kind of happy mail!




Millie sent this completed quilt and it is going to be put away to be saved for a Wounded Warrior Quilt.



At last, here is the completed quilt top for our blue, star loving girl.  Thank you to all the girls who contributed.  Cynthia put the top together all bar the borders which I finally got on today.  It will be going off to the quilter on Friday I think.  Cynthia has also cut and made a scrappy binding that pulls out all the colours that are not blue like the orange, purple and red.  I can't wait to see the finished quilt.


Sorry about the photo quality.  One day when I have time I need to do a digital photograpy course I think.


And just for a laugh I thought I would share this picture with you.  Sue N has made mountains of laundry bags and she sends off around two boxes a week at least.   To make it more economical Sue buys her boxes from here and they work out at 60c each.  Today she sent me a picture of a pile of 100 boxes!  Now that is what I call commitment.  Thanks Sue.   You know the guys and girls appreciate it!





Till next time................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
JMxx

3 comments:

  1. Just hoping that Sue's puss doen's find itself packed into one of those boxes by mistake!
    Love Harold's blocks - they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sue, for the info about the boxes. Have just ordered some. Will save me buying in dribs and drabs...and it is cheaper!
    That gorgeous cat looks a little apprehensive...as Dasha said, hope it doesn't get packed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the 2nd time I have ordered from them and they are quick! That cat is Tilli, One of my two fur babies.

    ReplyDelete