Tuesday 4 June 2013

Grati-Tuesday

Busy sewing day, loads got done.  Thanks so much to Rita C, Cynthia and Joan.   I managed to put the applique onto two and a half quilts (half finished the third one!),  Rita cut and started piecing some blocks, Joan sewed two fabulous laundry bags and then sewed her first BOM - the scrappy log cabin!  Did a great job too.  And Cynthia managed to get the blue star quilt top together that facebook friends have sent the blocks in for.  No photo yet, still needs a border and scrappy binding but it looks great so far!   Now I am off to collect a quilt from Carol who has quilted it for me so that I can add an embellishment to it (Can't say too much) so this is a quick addition to the post and then I am out of here.  The post will launch while I am driving.  You can think of me no doubt stuck in peak hour traffic on Pennant Hills Road while you enjoy the following thank you messages.  

:-)

Dear Jan-Maree ,
I have received the laundry bag, I love it. Really shows how much love there is for us back home .


The following was just a brief email to let me know her quilt had arrived.

You ladies have been sent to us Soldiers from "Heaven" I received my quilt today, words cannot describe how magnificent it is. I have a new found love, "My Aussie Quilt"



Hi Kylie
Just touching base to pass on my sincere thanks for the lovely quilt you have made for me. I think it is a truly wonderful thing that you do and greatly appreciate you taking the time to make it.
Apologies for the late reply, I have been a little busy.
Once again many thanks and take care.


The following is actually a request.  I have left out the middle paragraph with all the personal information but the rest is worth sharing.

Hi there,

I would firstly like to thank you for the joy you bring to our members over here with the beautiful quilts and laundry bags you create. I have a few friends who have received them and they are absolutely stunning. 
If you are able to spare the time to make a beautiful quilt and laundry bag for me, I would be truly grateful.


Jan-Maree, Deborah,

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for arranging and creating a beautiful personalised quilt. It arrived yesterday and I've attached a photo of it's new (temporary) home.
I was thrilled to receive the quilt and even more-so to see it personalized  with my details stiched into the back. This will be a keepsake and reminder of my time here, one which I will take home and continue to share with others.
This is my fourth tour over here. I've spent many months away from home and I have to tell you, receiving this personalized gift has been a real highlight.
Well done on such a wonderful initiative, and thank you once again. Keep up the great work.
All the best,



The following relates to a quilt top and laundry bag that Joy sent to me for completion and sending off.

G'day Jan-Maree.
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Thank you very much to you and your team for the quilt and laundry bag!! They are a one of a kind which is extremely practical with so many people using the one laundry!!
It is humbling to know people we do not know are thinking of us while we are away.
Regards and thanks again,



Hi Joan, 
Just touching base to pass on my sincere thanks for the lovely laundry bag you have made for me. I think it is a truly wonderful thing that you do and greatly appreciate you taking the time to make it.
Apologies for the late reply, I have be a little busy.
Once again many thanks and take care.
regards,


Short and sweet tonight but I will be back again tomorrow with the happy mail.

Till next time, keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't that blue quilt look wonderful on the bunk - so simple and so effective.

    ReplyDelete