Sunday 20 May 2012

New Label

Hi all.

Hope you have had a lovely weekend.  My thoughts keep drifting to some of the servicemen I know who had made it home this weekend and others who I know are heading home in the near future.  Of course that means that they have been replaced by new members whose families are just beginning to adjust to them being away.  It makes me so glad that we are doing something positive.  Don't underestimate the value of what we do to the families back here.

Knowing that someone else is sending a message of support and a gift of love, as what else is a quilt but a hug made from stitches and love, means a lot to those back home.  It means that they are not the only ones who value their loved one's contribution!

Seeing as we are now sending quilts to members in Egypt as well as in Afghanistan and also Dubai (they also come under Operation Slipper) I have decided it is time to officially change the label text to the following:
This is an
AUSSIE HERO QUILT
 made for an
Aussie Hero
serving OVERSEAS
with gratitude for your service.
2013
aussieheroquilts.blogspot.com.au

I thought it was also worth reminding you to add a little note with your quilt or even a letter.  Tell them a little about yourself.  Include your address and/or your email address.  And please share if you receive any thank you mail - it is good for everyone to know that messages are coming back.

Now check out this gorgeous quilt by Liz, as if you couldn't tell with her trade mark kangaroos.  I have to say Liz that I am getting a lot of comments about those red roos!  They really look fabulous!  Liz had also done a laundry bag but I am not showing it here as I don't want to give away who the quilt is for in case the impending recipient sees it.  I don't want to spoil the surprise!
Love these stars and don't they just glow against the black background!
Till next time.............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

8 comments:

  1. Great idea about the label Jan-Maree!!! ... And that quilt is gorgeous!! The lucky recipient won't be able to help being honoured with such a lovely quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that is one gorgeous quilt, the kangaroos in the outback and the Southern Cross in the night sky, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Liz fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!! I think this is my favourite quilt so far, just amazing, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is amazing - have been thinking something similar recently - need to gather some supplies.
    So glad you had a pleasant surprise on the weekend.
    I am working on my next contribution - I'll let you know when it is ready.
    Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop!!!! That quilt is just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete