Friday 2 March 2012

Fabulous Friday

It is cold wet and rainy here in Sydney but I am just thankful for the fact that I am not affected by floods as are lots of other people around this state!  I hope all of you out there are high and dry and so are your loved ones.  
It was a lovely day to stay at home and sit at the dining table and work on Aussie Hero things.  Even better when you have company.  Caroline came over today to help out and we had a great time watching the rain come down while we were snug and dry.  I don't seem to have much to show for my day's work but Caroline does.  These laundry bags have been sitting patiently waiting to be finished for  while.  Andrea from the Gumnuts had sewn all the patches on and had sewn the seams of the bag outers.  I had cut the linings and the cord casing and sewed the lining seams and then they had languished while I concentrated on sewing bindings on quilts.  
Today Caroline got seven of them finished.  Way to go Caroline!!!
 I wasn't twiddling my thumbs.  I cut more laundry bag linings to go with outers that had already been cut.  I also trimmed all the remaining quilts and cut some binding.

After Caroline left I checked the mail and found a lovely parcel in the mail.  Naomi sent me 18 nine patch BOMs.  You can see all of them here on a post Naomi wrote on her blog.    Thanks heaps Naomi!!!Some of them are in the group below that I have sorted out for a quilt.  I thinking sashing in the colour of the red - what do you think?
Well, I am off to iron some of the bindings that I cut this afternoon and work on that BOM tute.  Keep watching it will be out some time this weekend.

Till next time..............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. You really did like the Ladybugs hey? lol

    Well done to you ladies and the results of your working bee today shows in the pics of all you both got done.

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete