Tuesday 6 March 2012

Bits and Pieces.

I heard from another female soldier today.  She is one of the girls who received quilts earlier this year and she was going to leave her quilt behind for her replacement till I told her that I would be happy to arrange to send her replacement a quilt as well.  These are a few of her comments.

I have been using the one (quilt) I received, and its lovely!  The laundry bag is gold though. Has come in handy quite a bit!  Cheers again, its so lovely to receive such great support while we are over here. It is definitely appreciated.  

Just love getting these emails!

I am constantly amazed at how people find out about us.  Sometimes it is by blog surfing but often it is by word of mouth.  Today I heard from another lady who found out about us by word of mouth -

I’ve been trying to find something like this I could do for our soldiers so glad I was told about this on Saturday at a quilt shop by a lady who helped when I was making and co-ordinating quilts for the Victorian bushfire victims. I’ve also sent 6 parcels to US troops and just knew there had to be something the same for our guys! 

How wonderful is that!  Gotta love that grapevine!!!

Time to show yo some laundry bags - these three I sewed last week - the bug fabric is actually the lining in all three!  Would love to see those soldiers' faces!
And these are two that Caz made.
Caz came over to my home last week and sewed another seven laundry bags - I need to photograph those ones!  I reckon she just about qualifies as a laundry bag black belt now!

Till next time.............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW! I am Loving that bug fabric lining!!! What a fantastic idea!! ... Bet those will elicit some chuckling!!! ...What a lovely message from another earlier recipient ... So great to hear the reactions from them!!

    ReplyDelete