Monday 6 February 2012

Another parcel.......

Australia Post is starting to wear a path to my door these days and I can't say I am complaining.  Today I received a big box from Wendy and in it was this great quilt top and backing-
Another quilt top and backing-
Another quilt top - haven't got as far as shoosing a backing for this one-
more fabric for backings - probably enough for about three quilts, maybe more - 
and yet more fabric- 
and some great orphan blocks - these
and these.
Thanks Wendy.  I have sorted backings for the first two quilts and have labels on them already.  Haven't got any further but have the blocks on the design wall and am thinking about them. Some of the fabric Wendy sent have been used in the star blocks here so I am planning to use more of it to add to the stars.  Not sure what yet, but the ideas are ticking away.

AND whilst checking out some of my favourite blogs I came across this.
Tarnyia has excelled herself making three great green and blue quilts and LOTS of binding!  Woo Hoo!  thanks Tarnyia!  Check her blog to see the full pictures of these quilts.

Aside from Wendy's goodies, today's job has been to iron labels onto backings and stitch them down.  I managed to get these quilts ready for layering, quilting and binding.

That's it for tonight! 

Till next time........keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment