Wednesday 18 January 2012

Three more laundry bags completed last night and these are probably the last ones I will sew with initials on them.  I am only showing you two here because I think the recipient of the third might see this blog occasionally and if so I don't want to spoil the surprise!
Don't you love the pink square with the initials on it!  I do because it hides the initials underneath it - THAT ARE THE WRONG WAY ROUND - i.e. EA instead of AE!  I still don't believe that I did that!

From now on all laundry bags will have patches on them so that the guys and gals can write their own details on them.  The main reason why we are going to use patches instead of initials is so that we can all make laundry bags for those anonymous soldiers that we don't have names of initials for!

My friend Cathy from Blueberry Patch sent me a parcel of goodies which arrived yesterday.  In the parcel were some lovely quilt labels and that gave me a great idea.

What if we sewed quilt labels like these on some of the bags?  They look nice and they still fulfill the same purpose.  There is nothing wrong with the original idea of the bordered patches but the quilt labels would be something different if you have some you would like to use up.  What do you think?
Busy busy day at Gumnuts today - we layered and pinned all twelve quilts that I took.  I don't think any of us thought we would get it all done but we did and with time to spare and sit and chat.  It was great.  Guess what I will be doing tomorrow - quilting, and quilting, and quilting!
And now I have to race off and get organised for a very early start tomorrow morning with the boys - teenagers just love early starts so you can imagine how much I am looking forward to it!

Till next time........happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I lived around the corner as I would come with my machine and help quilt and chat of course... OH and eat chocolate xxx

    ReplyDelete